Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: A potential Blow to many folk.... Wrapped Up in a Sale

To the artisans at TrainSimulations and all other OR/MSTS content creators. A Big THANK YOU !!! for helping to keep alive a this Sim which was written off years ago. You guys stepped up your game by improving the quality of your product through the years and Mullen Pass rolling stock proves this. I purchased a few things a few minutes ago. Keep up the good work! P.S. Please add a Open Rails Conrail SD80mac to your list of things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post

IF Trainsimulations are no longer going to make available or support CERTAIN models in their library, either by rearranging packs OR because they consider them not good enough to upgrade to OPEN rails they might at least upload these DISCARDED MODELS as freeware?
    You've now said it multiple times. Doesn't mean they're going to listen, but hey, sure, it's a nice idea.

But let's be clear -- they're not discarded, they're discontinued.

There's no moral obligation to continue providing anything (paid or unpaid) to the community in perpetuity.

All that said, I've still got my eyes on another $20 or so of sets I plan to buy... One of the sets was merged with one I already own. Should I start up a thread asking for 50% off the 50% off?

Quote Originally Posted by drjayyyy View Post
    To the artisans at TrainSimulations and all other OR/MSTS content creators. A Big THANK YOU !!! for helping to keep alive a this Sim which was written off years ago. You guys stepped up your game by improving the quality of your product through the years and Mullen Pass rolling stock proves this. I purchased a few things a few minutes ago. Keep up the good work! P.S. Please add a Open Rails Conrail SD80mac to your list of things to do.
    There is a few locomotives and cars I would love SLI TS to make. I really hope to see some SD38 or SD35. and some 4 bay hopper cars of both types.

I'm still holding out hope for an updated E/F unit, but so far only BLW/ZT seem to be producing these off of their 10+ year old shapefiles...

Correcting that comment above because BLW/ZT **did** produce a new shapefile for their E unit, hopefully it finds its way to a F unit eventually.
    Last edited by eolesen; 10-08-2020 at 05:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    I'm still holding out hope for an updated E/F unit, but so far only BLW/ZT seem to be producing these off of their 10+ year old shapefiles...
    I've pretty much stayed out of this but, this really hurts. I have spent literally HUNDREDS of hours updating the shapes, and continue to do so. That, and my full time job, are the reasons why it takes so long for me to release anything. Please take a look at the 10+ year old NYC and the new B&O. We take our contribution very seriously and are very proud of the advances we have made with our models, all the while continuing to the best of our ability to support both MSTS and OR.

Rick, this whole thread has been disturbing. You are not alone.
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Rick, that's fantastic work, and no, I wasn't aware the latest B&O set was on a new shapefile.

If that same shape file finds its way into a set for one of the midwest or western roads, I'm in.

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    Rick, that's fantastic work, and no, I wasn't aware the latest B&O set was on a new shapefile.

If that same shape file finds its way into a set for one of the midwest or western roads, I'm in.
    Try this:

http://www.valleypass.com/Sales/IC.htm

Rick, have you and Gaetan thought about doing some sets based on the EMD E units in multiple roads like you did the GP30s and SD35s previously? Those updated shapes and B&O engines look really good! Are you going to be updating other existing sets.

I know what it is too to have all the work responsibilities, especially with all this teleworking. I've got so many stokes in the fire, and I'm behind on all of them!
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Quote Originally Posted by USASpiritlineTrains View Post
    In that case, should this thread even EXIST?
    Because if we're not careful SLI might do EXACTLY as you predict.

EDIT 1:
    Now that SLI has decided to discontinue products that are only available in some places, they've WRECKED their reputation.
    What the heck kind of airhead statement is that? In this hobby less than a year and you "think" you have it all figured out? Not a clue!
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!