Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A potential Blow to many folk.... Wrapped Up in a Sale

Quote Originally Posted by sburr View Post
    Rick, have you and Gaetan thought about doing some sets based on the EMD E units in multiple roads like you did the GP30s and SD35s previously? Those updated shapes and B&O engines look really good! Are you going to be updating other existing sets.

I know what it is too to have all the work responsibilities, especially with all this teleworking. I've got so many stokes in the fire, and I'm behind on all of them!
    Hi Steve,

I can't tell you how long we have been working on the B&O 1957 Freight set, but the B&O cabooses have taken 2 years! Chris Parker sent me the caboose photos Labor Day 2018. Believe me, I know about being behind on projects.

I never say never, but that would be a huge undertaking, considering how many roads had E6, E7, E8 and E9 models. With each set I try to add new motive power (B&O set will have Baldwin AS16s), so if we were to go back and create multiple road sets for each new locomotive model, we wouldn't have time to create the sets that complement the great work being done by route builders.

If I ever retire.... different story!

Rick

Thanks Rick. It was a brainstorming idea that came into my head when I saw the blanks in the thread. I realize it would definitely be a big undertaking, especially after I posted and thought about how many roads, how many different versions, how many different paint schemes (some roads and multiple ones over the course of time). Could just about make that set a second career.

And I do know about the retirement end of it too. If I didn't have four kids to put through school, I'd be there right now. And I won't say when the last one will get out of college.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

I will say that RF&P is on our list (eventually) ... And they had E units.

So Rick has done new E units for the PRR, for Southern, for B&O (not yet released) and if we do RF&P we'll have covered almost everything going into WAS Union Station. [Also Chicago Grand Central station]

Christopher

From the look of this stuff, I will be updating my B&O set as soon as they are released..nicely done, Rick!
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!

Quote Originally Posted by conductorchris View Post
    I will say that RF&P is on our list (eventually) ... And they had E units.

So Rick has done new E units for the PRR, for Southern, for B&O (not yet released) and if we do RF&P we'll have covered almost everything going into WAS Union Station. [Also Chicago Grand Central station]

Christopher
    Chris, you almost got everybody in WAS Union Station. I've seen photos and know that based on run through agreements with RF&P, SAL, ACL and SCL units (after the merger) frequented Union Station as well back in the day.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

I do have the 1950 Crescent Ltd on the back burner which, depending on route, would freeware Cowen PRR GG1, plus RF&P, Southern and L&N E units and West Point Rte FP7s.

RF&P E units are the only ones I haven’t finished.... oh, and most of the consist requires a serious upgrade!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Will textures from older sets map more or less correctly to the new shapefiles?

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    Will textures from older sets map more or less correctly to the new shapefiles?
    Not really. The basic shape, yes. The added detail, no.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Just wondering, how much of the CP and CN train sets are rolled into the Mactier trains and activities pack?

Quote Originally Posted by tanglingwolf View Post
    Just wondering, how much of the CP and CN train sets are rolled into the Mactier trains and activities pack?
    http://www.trainsimulations.net/Prod...P_MACTIER.html
    Read for yourself.
    I'm like an old SD9; It Growls, Howls & squeaks...but it will run forever!