Thread: Mosaic

Default Mosaic

I have been thinking about buying the mosaic program to use on a route I am doing for my Granddaughter. I went to digital rails but facebook would not let me sign in due to saying the sight was unsecured. Anyone know where I can get the program for 30 dollars or less. Thanks

Rob

Hi Rob,
    In case you were unaware, Goku's TSRE program allows you to paint in a much easier, and incredibly faster fashion along the ROW and under streets and roads. I haven't used it yet to paint other terrain features, but I am sure it is just as simple.
    Maybe worth a check on you end?

Best wishes,
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Neil
    where would I find Goku's TSRE program

I just downloaded the newest version of Goku's TSRE. Going to check it out to see if I get the results that I want. Thanks Guys

Rob

John Stanford stopped supporting Mosaic and Demex at least ten years ago. You could still buy a keycode from SWReg up until 2019 or so ago, but that service appears to have been closed down as well.

Facebook is smarter than I thought --- John's old site Digital-Rails.com was bought up by a pirate scammer who need not be named, so I'd be very careful about whatever you do on that site. It's been reported to various law enforcement agencies for fraud and theft.

That shouldn't be confused with DigitalRails.com which is owned by someone here on the forums and where I've been selling what little I still sell. Totally different site.

ok thanks. I can't get the TSRE program to work on my windows 7 pc. when I open it all I get is a red, black and white view of my route. it there a tutorial on this program somewhere. Thanks

The first time it loads it needs an active internet connection to download more files.

It also adds a settings.txt file that controls how the application performs on your hard drive. There are some changes you need to perform to that file to make sure the application does not impact the TDB if all you are using it for is activity creation or ROW painting. You need to dig into those informational things before jumping head-first into route modding. Or the application might wreck the track database by mistake.

There are some videos on YT that show how much easier it is to paint the ROW compared with mosaic.

On the site where you downloaded TSRE there is a folder named openal. Open it and download the correct one for your OS, 32 or 64 bit.
    Place it in the folder where you installed TSRE.
    Also remember to keep all of your trainsim specific files and programs out of the protected programs/programs (86) folders.
    You can copy/paste the TSRE folder to another location without affecting it's operation.

Randy