Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wolds Law Enforcement

Default Wolds Law Enforcement

I've got to say TrainSim can't, &, or, doesn't hold a candle to TMP (TruckersMP) Law Enforcement Agency.
    I'd like to Thank Nels for allowing myself to remain active over the years.
    ATS is quickly loosing its luster for me, sadly TMP helping to push that along.
    Damned truckers anyways. Need to remain with the RRs, least til the grim reaper arrives.
    Last edited by SMRY; 10-05-2020 at 04:40 PM.

What happened on TMP?
    Sean Summer
    CEO of Blue Ridge Mountains Machine works.

Quote Originally Posted by Shortliner View Post
    What happened on TMP?
    I'm unclear myself with those folks. I posted several Sorries, along with finding during my travel within their rd. system. Perhaps, due to language differences, didn't get, understand my findings nor questions. Any case reminded me of R8 in it infancy & its forums. Things moved to trash often, advised posts in wrong areas, not on topic. When I asked what the difference in my post was from others, no one able to explain. Now some have begun to rally somewhat on my side, which no need for, wasn't looking to cause he said, she said etc.. Just trying to fit in, while questions remain to be answered.

Damned, can't even spell correctly. Thread title should have read "Worlds Law Enforcement". Probably, not a big deal, anyways, should Nels wish to correct would be grand. Not able to locate a means of correction myself. Thank Ya Kindly. "Long Live TrainSim".

Try, if you can, to not let it get to you too much - a lot of online communities for games have very vocal people who try to dominate the discussion and insist everything be done in what they perceive to be the right (and therefore only) way. I've encountered it in Run8, World of Warcraft, EVE Online, Overwatch, Natural Selection 2, Rising Storm 2... and see it happening for sims I don't play like TSW.

It usually ends with the community for said game slowly withering away as people leave and any new blood trying to join being intimidated or gaslighted out.

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    Try, if you can, to not let it get to you too much - a lot of online communities for games have very vocal people who try to dominate the discussion and insist everything be done in what they perceive to be the right (and therefore only) way. I've encountered it in Run8, World of Warcraft, EVE Online, Overwatch, Natural Selection 2, Rising Storm 2... and see it happening for sims I don't play like TSW.

It usually ends with the community for said game slowly withering away as people leave and any new blood trying to join being intimidated or gaslighted out.
    Sadly, I do hear you, many-a-communities / forums have fallen along the wayside if you will. Sad days for everyone.
    Sadly, this am, be other discussions of recording offenses while driving & submitting reports. I be the new kid on the block, surely no desire to play roll of Johnny Law, be seen as back stabber, etc. Honestly how anyone could go down that path anyways. Meanwhile, in their rules, states drivers can indeed overtake double lines, speed, blast thru both stop signs & red lights. Sit at loading/unloading docks block others at times etc. the list goes on. Not sounding very realistic. They do offer an arcade style server alongside the one geared towards realness.. The arcade system sees lots less use.

I don't know what you are grousing about. Whenever one posts on a forum one should keep in mind that the forum is privately owned and you are a guest there. Also keep in mind that you are at the mercy of the powers that be and you have no appeal.

I feel that I was unfairly treated else ware so I just moved on.

This forum is very specific about its policy.

FIRST THINGS FIRST, FREEDOM OF SPEECH DOES NOT EXIST HERE!
    THESE FORUMS ARE PRIVATELY OWNED AND OPERATED.

Be mindful of this whenever you post in any forum.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by frliss View Post
    I don't know what you are grousing about. Whenever one posts on a forum one should keep in mind that the forum is privately owned and you are a guest there. Also keep in mind that you are at the mercy of the powers that be and you have no appeal.

I feel that I was unfairly treated else ware so I just moved on.

This forum is very specific about its policy.

FIRST THINGS FIRST, FREEDOM OF SPEECH DOES NOT EXIST HERE!
    THESE FORUMS ARE PRIVATELY OWNED AND OPERATED.

Be mindful of this whenever you post in any forum.

Fred
    Yes indeed very much aware of the various types of rules set forth, & privately owned. Though, same token, shouldn't be trashed for asking questions, asking for guidance / helping hand, no matter the forums. Back stabbing be another story, That's their pref, I've no qualms with that rule haven been set forth at startup & their desire to do so. Not the portion of rules I'll take part.

Sadly, I'm at odds, wrestling with my feelings, for in one breath by admin advising the community to operate realistically, &, to report others of the community via private vid & message system. Fine & dandy. In the same instance the rules clearly advise to operate unrealistic if you will, such as I pointed out earlier here. Thus, I asked which is it, realistic style preferred or not. No reply, subject trashed. None-the-less a fine community otherwise. Not unlike many others both alive & well, those that have gone fallen flags.
    Last edited by SMRY; 10-06-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SMRY View Post
    Yes indeed very much aware of the various types of rules set forth, & privately owned. Though, shouldn't be trashed for asking questions, asking for guidance / helping hand, no matter the forums. Back stabbing be another story, there I've no qualms.
    On the internet, where people don't have to look you in the eye they tend to be very rude and demanding. I'm not saying that it's right. It gets a lot of peoples feathers ruffeled but that's been the nature of the internet for years.

I'm not familiar with the site involved but it seems that you have a decision to make. How important is that site to you? Is it a life changing decision to just get up and leave the site (it will be their loss). I've been through this and it's very upsetting. If you are looking for justice, you are just beating your head against the wall.

To clarify my last post, I have never been wronged by this website.

Fred

PS - I wrote this response before your edit.
    Last edited by frliss; 10-06-2020 at 03:59 PM. Reason: added PS

Quote Originally Posted by frliss View Post
    On the internet, where people don't have to look you in the eye they tend to be very rude and demanding. I'm not saying that it's right. It gets a lot of peoples feathers ruffeled but that's been the nature of the internet for years.

I'm not familiar with the site involved but it seems that you have a decision to make. How important is that site to you? Is it a life changing decision to just get up and leave the site (it will be their loss). I've been through this and it's very upsetting. If you are looking for justice, you are just beating your head against the wall.

To clarify my last post, I have never been wronged by this website.

Fred

PS - I wrote this response before your edit.
    lol.. I've had my run-in here at TrainSim over the yrs, (surprise). Here, Nels a man of integrity, able to sit down if you will, chat things out. No mans an island.

As to the other site it too has been around some time now. A fine forums.
    My being rather new there had stumbled somewhat, asked questions, along with prompt removal. Others jumped on the band wagon so to speak, wanting somewhat the same clarifications. Perhaps took my being fresh to add to an underlaying force.
    They must know opening a forums for public use, going to be questions, stumbling blocks here & there, from time to time, it's a given.
    Any case, not looking for blood. were simple questions, should answers never come for myself, nor, others of the forums, not the end of the world. The secret policing of Rd. system if their thing, that too be fine. That portion I'll bypass, while remaining active within the group.