Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CN Heritage engines

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Sounds like a silly squabble between 4th Graders to me
    So, Geoff, if someone gave their word to you to do something important for you -- that perhaps affected your financial situation and then neglected to keep their word...you would consider that a silly squabble? Surely you can see that is the root of the complaint in this situation, lawyers are involved because companies/corporations are giving their word to perform a task under set conditions, and a violation of those conditions has occurred.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    that perhaps affected your financial situation
    ???? Seriously???? ..........Leaked paint shop pictures can do that how exactly ????

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Surely you can see that is the root of the complaint in this situation
    Unless you can substantiate the above quote no.

Especially as they're obviously moving them out of the paint shop into public view as is clearly shown in other pictures posted in the same FB thread.

In fact do we know that this alleged Law Suite is actually anything other than silly gossip on the Facebook Page? Frankly I'd be staggered if CN would waste time and money on such a petty issue.

How the pictures came into the public domain is neither substantiated nor proven to be malicious or deliberate.
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Fess up Geoff, neither one of us knows what they are talking about, neither has first hand knowledge of the actual facts...just all supposition from both of us. Neither are privy to the contract or any non disclosure agreements ( if any exist )...so we're both just babbling to hear ourselves.

...of course you will take the devils advocate course and rebut even that statement!
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.

Post #8 ....maybe I should have made the typeface bigger? LOL!!!!
    Geoff
    Dorset - near The Swanage Railway.
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by lateagain View Post
    Post #8 ....maybe I should have made the typeface bigger? LOL!!!!
    Yes Sir, i can agree with that...my faults...apologies...HatTip.jpg
    Cheers, Gerry

There was never a CV Zebra Stripe unit in real life, a better choice would be a Larson Green unit.

Paul :-)

I think the CV scheme they’re proposing is the basic black/CN red ends and the white CV noodle. I completely agree that the green would be a much better choice.
    -Mike

The BCRail hockey stick paint is all wrong. The blue is to high and the hockey stick to small and the BCRail letter is all wrong. But hey at least there are still proper painted BCR units floating around still.
    Work Safe play hard

Its probably "Non-Disclosure" breach... but...

Certain lawyers get all twitchy about trademarks (which these represent) since some courts see not protecting a trademark as a weaking of a trademark claim. These maybe these are paint jobs that are not "yet" sanctioned and represent fail/misuse, even internally.

I also agree, in the case of BCRAIL hockey stick (Which used the same font as the underscore logo) , it won't even match the trademark office filing. It's like they didn't even try to get it right since the font is barely close to MICROGRAMMA lettering. Seen below.

http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

Don't mean to dig up a (relatively) old thread, but came across this nice photo of the new BC Rail Heritage unit that I wanted to share. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!
    IMG_7334_5fbfc499c70bb.jpg