Thread: executables

Default executables

Good morning. I have downloaded 3 executable files from trainsimulations to my saves folder but that is as far as I can get. How do I get the key codes to work. I am used to clicking the file and it will open to a page looking for pass words or key codes but I can't get these to do anything but go around in circles. Also are the download folders supposed to look transparent. Thanks for any help.Greg

Hi ideaman,
    I really can't imagine the problem you're having! It depends on where your 'saves' folder is located, but you should be able to double-click the executable and then, about 3 screens in, you'll be requested for the key code, which will be followed by the installation.

There has been no change to the above procedure - I downloaded a couple last week and successfully installed them.

A little tip (if you don't already know) - before you start the .exe file, copy the key code to the Clipboard then it'll be displayed on the appropriate screen during the install.

Cheers,
    Ged

The key codes are available to you when you purchase the items, and they are also sent to you in emails immediately after purchase, simply copy the key code for the exe and then run that exe. During the process a box will pop up with that key code pasted in, enter your name and then finish the install process. No need to enter company name, afaik.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Hi. My problem is that when I click on the downloaded file it goes to open file then to open with which it is not supposed to do. All 3 files act the same way.Greg

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    Hi. My problem is that when I click on the downloaded file it goes to open file then to open with which it is not supposed to do. All 3 files act the same way.Greg
    I really do not understand your problem from the sentence...try downloading them again, I think the link they give you is active for a week or so. I've never had any problem with their exe files.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Hi ideaman,
    It looks as if your system may have 'forgotten' how to open .exe files!!

Have a look here : https://www.kerneldatarecovery.com/b...in-windows-10/

Cheers,
    Ged