Thread: Sound problem on Donner Pass activity.

Default Sound problem on Donner Pass activity.

Not sure if this should be in Open Rails or Sound forum.. When running the "DP1_EGAP_TURN1" activity on 3DTrains Donner Pass route Open Rails locks up/loops sound at a certain point(s) and Rail Driver switches off. I've attached the log and also the sms it refers to. Can't see an obvious error there, maybe you guys can? Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dell desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver.

Hi niknak,
    wagon_cows.sms is missing a close bracket from the very end of the file.

Cheers,,
    Ged

Many thanks Ged! I added a bracket to the 5 descending ones and all now seems okay. I'm wondering what dictates the number of ending brackets? Other sms files have various numbers.
    Dell desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver.

Quote Originally Posted by niknak View Post
    .......... I'm wondering what dictates the number of ending brackets? ...............
    There has to be one for each opening bracket.
    Charles

Ah, all is revealed. Thanks Charles.

BTW there are free test editors that have tools to match brackets. ConText and Notepad++ are two that I use.
    Charles

Yes I saw ConText mentioned somewhere and have just downloaded it. Cheers.

Spoke too soon! Problem still persists even though I have amended the sms file to show 6 end brackets. Log and amended sms attached.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hi niknak,
    Apologies, mate

The file wasn't short of a close bracket, but a quotes!

Remove the extra quotes you added, then change line 52, which reads : File ( "cow_2_bull.wav -1 ) to add a quotes character after '.wav' so that it reads :- File ( "cow_2_bull.wav" -1 )

**Caveat : I have NOT run this file in the sim.
    The effect was that, as the closing quotes was missing, the ')' following '-1' was ignored as it was being counted as being within the quotes. The next matching quotes found was on line 56, just before 'x_couple_auto1.wav' which is why OR reported that it couldn't parse it as a number!

Cheers,
    Ged

Last edited by slipperman; 10-14-2020 at 04:37 PM.

Many thanks Ged. I think that may be it!