Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OR/Monogame/ReShade Question - Ambient Light at Night

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Hi Gerry,
    Maybe it's relative to where people do their railroading. In very urban environments, maybe things should be a bit lighter. I do most of my railroading in rural areas which on a no-moon or overcast evening, should be very dark. Playing with cloud cover, fog, and the right cloud files helps some, but this setting I mentioned above really knocks down the ambient lighting in a great way.
    Thank you for the clarification, Neil. Would it be an imposition to ask for before and after screenshots --- no big, if not... I'll try that shader out. I'm hoping that in the future OR will improve upon the environmental lighting scheme...and the weather environments in general ( maybe a coder that's interested in that will turn up ). I'd also like to see "route specific option" loading to be supported.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Hi Gerry, I'll try. My night shots when I post them are rather.....meh.
    I also messed with the "levels" shader, and that really takes darkness to a whole new place. The default was a little too dark, so changed the value to "5", and I really am liking what I see.....or better still, DON'T see
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Hi Gerry, I'll try. My night shots when I post them are rather.....meh....)
    I can understand that, shadow and highlight details and other subtleties that are noticeable in OR do not translate well into screenshot posts.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.