Thread: OR/Monogame/ReShade Question - Ambient Light at Night

Default OR/Monogame/ReShade Question - Ambient Light at Night

Hello,
    For those in the know, what if any settings in the "SCOShade.cfg" file would help darken ambient lighting at night? Not talking about the sky, but surrounding light that keep objects looking too bright at night.

Thanks very much!
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

SCOShade.cfg is just a set of configurations that Scott put together to get people started.
    If you go into the ReShade home page there are effects you can turn on/off and most have sliders that adjust the amount of the effect.
    When you check the boxes or adjust the sliders you can see the results immediately in OR. To cancel the effect just uncheck the box.
    There really isn't anything you can "break" by experimenting.
    One of the things I did and you will probably want to do is change the overlay key. This turns the ReShade menu on/off. It's under Settings.
    I changed mine to Ctrl+Delete. It doesn't do anything else. It's not a Windows key combo. Other key combos did things to the sim or computer.
    Play around and have fun. Let us know what you found.

Randy

Hey Neil, here's the most recent ReShade "preset" I'm using --- attached, modified from an earlier one. Just point reshade towards this txt file. As Randy said, you can adjust and experiment with this. ORTS_Shade_1.zip

You can change the path in the ReShade ini file ( found in the OR monogame folder ) to point to it.
    Code:
    [DX11_BUFFER_DETECTION]
    DepthBufferClearingNumber=0
    DepthBufferRetrievalMode=0
    UseAspectRatioHeuristics=1

[GENERAL]
    ClockFormat=0
    CurrentPresetPath=C:\ORTS\OR_ReShade_Parts\ORTS_Shade_1.txt
    EffectSearchPaths=.\reshade-shaders\Shaders,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\PD80,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Depth3D,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\OtisFX,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Pirate,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\qUINT,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Daodan,.\reshade-shaders\Shaders\Fubax
    FPSPosition=1...and so forth

Quote Originally Posted by rdayt View Post
    I changed mine to Ctrl+Delete. It doesn't do anything else. It's not a Windows key combo. Other key combos did things to the sim or computer.
    Play around and have fun. Let us know what you found. Randy
    Ctrl+Delete --- Thanks, Randy I was looking around for key combo, that'll do nicely!

I'm hoping folks using MG and ReShade will start posting their shader files...which can be txt files...A collection of different files for OR would be nice to have, Have you looked into "Luts"? I'm trying to learn how to make them, at first read it appears like an interesting way to make changes to OR visual appearance.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Thanks very much guys, gives me something to work on over the weekend.
    Very much appreciated!

To my question though - have either of you experimented with settings for ambient night effect; as in darker world (not sky)?
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Wow! I was starting to wonder how to do that. Thanks.
    Rory

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Thanks very much guys, gives me something to work on over the weekend.
    Very much appreciated!

To my question though - have either of you experimented with settings for ambient night effect; as in darker world (not sky)?
    I did a search of the ReShade forum >>> https://reshade.me/forum/ (you might have to create a login ) using just the word "ambient" and found there is an ambient light shader.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.