Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need help with this route, Cima -- did not load the route in Open Rails

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    Here are two files in zip. And I hope that I did what you ask for. If not, then let me know.

John
    Problem not brackets. While doing brackets check used my editor's Compare tool. Only one difference:
    My TRK:
    LoadingScreen ( DETAILS.ace )
    Your TRK:
    LoadingScreen ( Load.ace )
    There is NO Load.ace file in my install.

Renamed my Cima.trk to hide it and unzipped your Cima.trk to my Cima folder. Opened ORTS Cima route displays in OR menu correctly.

Maybe your D/L and install is incomplete. Should have 8736 files and 24 folders in the Cima folder.
    Charles

Thank you to Charles, for looking into the files and see what is the problem with my file. Guess that I have to redownload the files again and will do one at a time. Take about 6 hours to complete one download because I don't have membership privileges for this forum.

Thank you,

John

Hi John,
    You may have found the answer already, but, besides changing the LoadingScreen to DETAILS.ace, the Open Rails .trk include file doesn't have a blank line at its top. Inserting this removes the <loading error> from the OR menu.

I've not run any activity, but ActMan doesn't report any errors.

Cheers,
    Ged

John,check the .trk file in the Open rails route Cima,the first line has to be blank then all act. should be ok.

Charles,

I just checked to see how many files and folder in my CIMA Route Folder and here are below:

8,780 files

24 Folders

Thank you,

John

One of the message abovve mentioned about " Inserting this removes the <loading error> from the OR menu. " Any idea how to remove the <loading error>? OK I did check the trk file in Context and there is a blank line on top also I did change the word from " Load.ace " to " DETAILS.ace " Still no go to get the route up running in Open Rails.

John

One of the message abovve mentioned about " Inserting this removes the <loading error> from the OR menu. " Any idea how to remove the <loading error>? OK I did check the trk file in Context and there is a blank line on top also I did change the word from " Load.ace " to " DETAILS.ace " Still no go to get the route up running in Open Rails.

John
    John, You say you added the blank line in the trk file. That was the trk file in X:\XXXXXX\ROUTES\Cima\OpenRails folder? NOT the one in your X:\XXXXXX\ROUTES\Cima folder.

FYI I removed the blank line in my A:\MSTS\ROUTES\Cima\OpenRails\Cima.trk and duplicated your problem.
    Charles

No I did not touch the trk file to add the blank line and all I did is to change the word from Load.ace to DETAILS.ace.

John

No I did not touch the trk file to add the blank line and all I did is to change the word from Load.ace to DETAILS.ace.

John
    See https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...27227-Cima-Sub post #9

You need to add the blank line in the trk file in your X:\XXXXXX\ROUTES\Cima\OpenRails folder. NOT the one in your X:\XXXXXX\ROUTES\Cima folder.

The file should look like this:
    <this is the blank line
    include ( ../Cima.trk )

ORTSUserPreferenceForestClearDistance ( 2 ) < last line in the file
    Last edited by crstagg; 10-16-2020 at 10:42 PM.
    Charles

GOOD NEWS and now be able to run this route in Open Rails. Thank you for the link and followed the instructions and all is good to run.

Again I want to say to you, Charles for your help with this and appreciated that.

John