Thread: Small usax Update

Default Small usax Update

Work on the NEC will commence in November. NYP has been giving me nightmares so I took off for a bit. For now I wanted to run some Metro North. I upgraded the route a tiny bit. I wanted to go to albany, but 100 more miles of track laying sounds miserable. No scenery on either of the extended lines, but signals/speeds are placed accordingly. All that is left are the major yards connected to each Hub.

Here's le pic:
    Contrib.TrackViewer 2020-10-17 07-19-44-904.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gusthegator View Post
    ... For now I wanted to run some Metro North. I upgraded the route a tiny bit. I wanted to go to albany, but 100 more miles of track laying sounds miserable. No scenery on either of the extended lines.....

Here's le pic:
    Contrib.TrackViewer 2020-10-17 07-19-44-904.jpg
    You could just go up to Poughkeepsie, that's where MN stops anyway! That would only about 30 miles!

Finished today.
    Itshappening.jpg

Big-ish Update,

Happy to annouce I got the greenlight to release this route upon completion. 2/3 of GCT has been completed with the station to be finished within the coming weeks. Once GCT is finished, the New Canaan/ Danbury branches will be signaled/speed/stationed properly. As far as changes go, You can now run trains from GCT to Croton Harmon/Poughkeepsie/Albany-Renssalaer/Wassaic/West Haven. Sadly, scenery is lacking all but NH section.
    Contrib.TrackViewer 2020-11-21 01-11-32-547.jpg
    RunActivityLAA 2020-11-21 00-43-36-138.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by gusthegator View Post
    Big-ish Update,

Happy to annouce I got the greenlight to release this route upon completion. 2/3 of GCT has been completed with the station to be finished within the coming weeks. Once GCT is finished, the New Canaan/ Danbury branches will be signaled/speed/stationed properly. As far as changes go, You can now run trains from GCT to Croton Harmon/Poughkeepsie/Albany-Renssalaer/Wassaic/West Haven. Sadly, scenery is lacking all but NH section.
    Contrib.TrackViewer 2020-11-21 01-11-32-547.jpg
    RunActivityLAA 2020-11-21 00-43-36-138.jpg
    Great job! Looks like you have got your work cut out for you.

If you can I'd like to see a screenshot of the southern portion of the track chart. The chart you posted is a little squashed in that area.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by frliss View Post
    Great job! Looks like you have got your work cut out for you.

If you can I'd like to see a screenshot of the southern portion of the track chart. The chart you posted is a little squashed in that area.

Fred
    The track between NYP and Sunnyside will be changed. 5.2% grade that exists is quite silly. going to reduce it to a hopefully constant 2 or 3%SP.jpg