Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Small usax Update

  1. #1

    Default Small usax Update

    Work on the NEC will commence in November. NYP has been giving me nightmares so I took off for a bit. For now I wanted to run some Metro North. I upgraded the route a tiny bit. I wanted to go to albany, but 100 more miles of track laying sounds miserable. No scenery on either of the extended lines, but signals/speeds are placed accordingly. All that is left are the major yards connected to each Hub.

    Here's le pic:
    Contrib.TrackViewer 2020-10-17 07-19-44-904.jpg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    345

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gusthegator View Post
    ... For now I wanted to run some Metro North. I upgraded the route a tiny bit. I wanted to go to albany, but 100 more miles of track laying sounds miserable. No scenery on either of the extended lines.....

    Here's le pic:
    Contrib.TrackViewer 2020-10-17 07-19-44-904.jpg
    You could just go up to Poughkeepsie, that's where MN stops anyway! That would only about 30 miles!

  3. #3

    Default

    Finished today.
    Itshappening.jpg

  4. #4

    Default

    Big-ish Update,

    Happy to annouce I got the greenlight to release this route upon completion. 2/3 of GCT has been completed with the station to be finished within the coming weeks. Once GCT is finished, the New Canaan/ Danbury branches will be signaled/speed/stationed properly. As far as changes go, You can now run trains from GCT to Croton Harmon/Poughkeepsie/Albany-Renssalaer/Wassaic/West Haven. Sadly, scenery is lacking all but NH section.
    Contrib.TrackViewer 2020-11-21 01-11-32-547.jpg
    RunActivityLAA 2020-11-21 00-43-36-138.jpg

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    MP44.2 Worcester, MA
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gusthegator View Post
    Big-ish Update,

    Happy to annouce I got the greenlight to release this route upon completion. 2/3 of GCT has been completed with the station to be finished within the coming weeks. Once GCT is finished, the New Canaan/ Danbury branches will be signaled/speed/stationed properly. As far as changes go, You can now run trains from GCT to Croton Harmon/Poughkeepsie/Albany-Renssalaer/Wassaic/West Haven. Sadly, scenery is lacking all but NH section.
    Contrib.TrackViewer 2020-11-21 01-11-32-547.jpg
    RunActivityLAA 2020-11-21 00-43-36-138.jpg
    Great job! Looks like you have got your work cut out for you.

    If you can I'd like to see a screenshot of the southern portion of the track chart. The chart you posted is a little squashed in that area.

    Fred

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frliss View Post
    Great job! Looks like you have got your work cut out for you.

    If you can I'd like to see a screenshot of the southern portion of the track chart. The chart you posted is a little squashed in that area.

    Fred
    The track between NYP and Sunnyside will be changed. 5.2% grade that exists is quite silly. going to reduce it to a hopefully constant 2 or 3%SP.jpg

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •