Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A small video

Default A small video

Just a small (20 min) video giving a graphical comparison between TS2020 (or TS2021) and Run 8.
    Part of the Cajon Pass route.
    (I was bored, is why! )

Last edited by seagoon; 10-19-2020 at 05:02 PM.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Enjoyable video. Thanks for sharing.
    Interested in all Train-Sims

Very interesting stuff. I did a direct comparison of the same location (CP 7th Street)... here in TS2021:
    https://youtu.be/Lcf0yz610xU?t=180

and here in Run8:
    https://youtu.be/Lcf0yz610xU?t=730

The signals are different! TS has a signal by itself on Main 1, where Run8 has a gantry across all three tracks. Both have a second gantry on the other side of the crossover.

I know that Run8 models around 2011, just before work started on the Colton Crossing grade separation. The TS20xx route I believe came out for TS2014? Unless there was a resignalling done, it's hard to account for the differences. There is a Steam workshop item to fix a lot of issues/inaccuracies with the TS20XX version. I am inclined to go with the Run8 guys' rendition!

anyone else having some weird issues when they go to reply?

very strange..

The vids nice, enjoyable. Now the question. What's the reason & or need for comparison this late in the games?.
    Both have their followers, as other sims. What one doesn't offer, another does etc. Don't believe will entice Team-R8
    into any type of release soon. As to TS, doubt care what we may offer those folks as well.

"Long Live The RR Sims".

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post

very strange..
    Hello O'l Man...
    My latest reply seemed to speed thru the switchboard here at TS.Com nice & quick.

"Long Live RTSX".

very strange..
    If you are referring to YT, yes.
    That has been happening to me for more than a week.

SEAN.
    I just used Edge to visit YT and no problem in responding to a comment.
    It appears to be a problem with Firefox, my default browser. Are you using Firefox?
    Last edited by seagoon; 10-19-2020 at 09:52 PM.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by SMRY View Post
    .....What's the reason & or need for comparison this late in the games?. ....
    Boredom.
    Didn't you read my post here?

No the forum was acting weird earlier where there was missing characters in the buttons and in my signatures. It seems fine now.

I enjoyed the video. Too bad all sims couldn't have the best of what everyone has in one place. Seeing this reminded me of some of the cool things that made Run8 so special. I can't speak too much about the other as I haven't really used it just seen it by others. Looks nice enough. Trainz for me has the best community and content out there. I know MSTS was huge in this at one time, but there is something different about having so much assets you can plug into a route that is available.

YouTube has been fine for me on Chrome btw.

Thanks

Sean

No the forum was acting weird earlier where there was missing characters in the buttons and in my signatures. It seems fine now...
    Oh. Okay.
    I've been experiencing errors with YT since Firefox updated about a week or so back and it appears I'm not the only one....which was why I asked if you were using that browser.