Thread: Strange with Conbuilder??

Question Strange with Conbuilder??

This afternoon I changed from the hard drive to Western Digital 500GB M.2 2280 SATA III 6Gb/s Blue 3D NAND for C:\ drive. Conbuilder is in J:\ drive and nothing to do with the C:\drive maybe registry in C:\ drive. But I got a strange error after clicked to launch the program of Conbuilder and here is below:

This is not the correct system -- exiting

I installed Conbuilder to J:\ drive not C:\ way way back and why is that affect this program now?

I am sure that Charles Stagg or others who are more familiar with this program, Conbuilder can tell me what to do to correct the problem.

John

Hi John,

This is part of Conbuilder security.
    You will need to get a new serial number.
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    Hi John,

This is part of Conbuilder security.
    You will need to get a new serial number.
    Correct. ConBuilder is "registered" to the PC. You changed the PC therefore you need a New license file. Delete your License.lic file.
    Download the latest USERCHK file from http://conbuilder.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=443 and extract the ZIP contents to your ConBuilder folder overwriting the old file. Then run USERCHK.
    Charles

John, Agree with Derek, I recently cloned my old HD to a new 2TB SSD drive and got the same message, you'll have to get a new license with ConBuilder again. Log into the ConBuilder forum --- you will see a post I left "This is not the correct system. -exiting" and Charles's reply.

Charles posted while I was writing this...follow Charles's instructions.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Got everything till after the last click got Error 12014 and I am not sure what's that about this error?

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    Got everything till after the last click got Error 12014 and I am not sure what's that about this error?
    I think that is the server link error.

Did USERCHK create a new (Check file date) John_Mackay1of1.zip file. If it did, email the file to support at conbuilder dot com.
    Charles

Yes it did create a new file of John_Mackay1of1.zip with the date of October 19,2020. And sent an email with the zip file to support (at) conbuilder (dot) com.

Thank you,

John