Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Open rail settings

Default Open rail settings

I just picked up a new windows 10 computer and I was wondering if anyone knows what the settings
    are for the video, experamental and simulation.

Or does someone have a link for these? I must admit OR looks even more amazing now.

Here's mine, quite a lot depends upon your system, type and power of cpu and graphics card -- others will have suggestions, OR is robust and flexible, so experiment until you are familiar with the options and find something that works for you. Manual is good source of info for this subject.
    bandicam 2020-10-20 12-56-56-362.jpg ( hard to read ) Dynamic Shadows and Shadow for all shapes will substantially affect FPS, user choice.

bandicam 2020-10-20 13-02-39-042.jpg Adhesion proportional to rain,snow, fog is still not prototypically accurate, needs work.

bandicam 2020-10-20 13-04-01-617.jpg
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

If you have any OR-only routes from TS, just use the settings they show in the documentation and customize from there

Model-Instancing: I see so many people have this option checked. I have always had issues with it, where I get vegetation and certain other objects flash quite a bit when it's enabled.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

Well I did a Mix of Gerry and MRL it looks so beautiful and the testures really stand out now.I hope to in the next few days swith over to OR with Reshader. After I get everything reloaded. The price for the computer was worth it and this one will last for a few years.

Take very good care of it... the better, the happier you will be! Welcome back tho...
    Dave Edwards

Michelle,

I would like to personally congraduate you on getting a new computer. I hope you find working with it a pleasant experience.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Dear Gentlemen,

Never had an issue with OR since many years up to the new daily unstable releases.

I noticed that there is a "Work in progress Monogame migration".
    Since then I have everething "Pixelated", steam smoke is in yellow colour, and my FPS drops to 8.
    I searched in many pages to see what is that problem and found nothing.
    Does I need to download some Mono libraries?

My last good working build is "U2020.10.13-0651".
    Thank you very much in advance!

The latest unstable versions have a bug that is generating technicolor smoke/steam and other video artifacts .
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

The real question is as monogame integration continues, at what point does one need the monogame prerequisites installed?