Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Open rail settings

Thank you very much Mr. Baldwin.
    I'll stick with the version that works for me and we'll see what happens in the future.
    Greetings!

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    The real question is as monogame integration continues, at what point does one need the monogame prerequisites installed?
    What prerequisites?
    I didn't know there were any.

Randy

I just tried Monogame today. Speechless. Try it.

There's a video for installing, and the only pre-requisite seems to be OpenAL for audio. The video pre-requisites come with the New Year distribution.

you can easily keep both traditional XNA based ORTS and new Monogame in separate application folders, but they'll share the same installed content and settings.
    Last edited by eolesen; 11-06-2020 at 07:04 PM.

If you like MonoGame you'll love ReShade.

Quote Originally Posted by qballbandit View Post
    Model-Instancing: I see so many people have this option checked. I have always had issues with it, where I get vegetation and certain other objects flash quite a bit when it's enabled.
    Hi Neil,

If the flashing you mentioned is when big chunks of trees or ROW vegetation flashes in unison - that can be fixed by changing the vegetation to DXT1 - with the black and white “transparency” alpha channels - the flashing comes from the sim trying to display the shades of grey “translucency” alpha channels. I’m not sure of the science behind it but it does work as I’ve “fixed” manny textures on different routes that had this issue.

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Scott,
    Another one of those fixes to add to my list of to-do items...which ever only grows, not shrinks.
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

It's been a while, but isn't there a batch file function to change out an entire directory to DXT1?