Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOT a sound problem lol

Default NOT a sound problem lol

Hi guys, Just started getting the "Warning SystemOperation Exception" as shown on the attached log. The only thing I changed today was to turn off "Model instancing" under "Options+Video". In desperation I turned it on again but still get the warning although the game still plays. Any clues please?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Dell desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver.

Well this is weird....Just tried it again, same route and not having changed anything else, and the warning notes have disappeared! I can hear the Twilight Zone theme.....
    Dell desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver.

Lightbulb Clean Up Errors

First thing I woud try is getting rid of all those obvious errors in the log, start with a clean slate so to speak.

The file names and line numbers within those flagged files should make this easy using a proper text editor such as Context
    Context makes it easy to find the listed errors in these files/ Some of the errors seem to indicate missing or extra parenthesis, another easy find using Context as it has a Bracket Check.
    Good hunting!

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

That error is at the Win10 level, it is in win7 as well.

I would recommend you upgrade your version of OR, yours is very old.
    Cheers
    Derek

Many thanks for your help and advice guys. Derek, I thought I had the latest stable version of Open Rails according to their site?
    Last edited by niknak; 10-22-2020 at 04:42 AM.

The stable version is very old in comparison to the "testing" (weekly ) and "unstable" ( more frequent ) versions. The testing version contains features and bug fixes that are known to work, Unstable is right on the bleeding edge and is used with a degree of caution although in general everything works usually.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Thanks. I'll change my "Updater" option from "Stable" to "Testing" ( and keep my fingers crossed lol).

Okay have updated and now running fine with the latest weekly version with a build date of 26/9/2020. I noticed that I lost my saves that had been made under the old stable version. Not a big deal but am I likely to lose any existing saves upon updating in future?

Depends on what changed between versions. Sometimes older saves work, sometimes not. You don't have to update until you are ready, so you can complete an activity from a save before updating.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Many thanks baldwin.