Thread: DAR_56 Windsor To Hantsport

Default DAR_56 Windsor To Hantsport

Hi All,

I've backdated the 7 miles between Windsor and Hantsport, just started working on Hantsport today.

Extra 6560 passes mixed Train 96 heading south through Windsor with a gypsum Train.

Heading through Windsor.

A shot from the van heading through Falmouth.

The S-3s were not liked by the crews, they were underpowered for the gypsum trains and as soon as they SW1200RSs showed up were put into yard duty.

6560 and 61 arrive in Hantsport.

Mixed train 97 heads south around a curve leading to the bridge crossing the Avon River in Windsor.

Some of the peirs from the original railway bridge stood into the 1990s.

The green farm field to the right of the engine is where Highway 101 is in the 70s version of the DAR routes.

Arriving in Hantsport passing the "new old" station!

Paul :-)

Are they still hauling gypsum around in Atlantic Canada? I've been watching Dave Othen's (spelling)1990's videos out of Dartmouth and Halifax lately.
    Rory

Very nice screenshots, thank you.
    Dell desktop. Intel i5 3.3 CPU. 8GB RAM. Nvidia GT710 2GB graphics. Windows Pro 64bit. RailDriver.

Yes, CN in Dartmouth are still hauling Gypsum between the mine in Milford and Wright's Cove, 65 cars twice a day if I remember correctly... I counted them one time on one of David's videos when I was laying the Dartmouth Sub!

Having fun with the conversion, just found out Digby still had a wye in a 1959 ETT!

That's a part of the country I haven't been to yet. The farthest east I've been was Winnipeg lol.
    Rory

My father was Air Force, I was born in Churchill, have lived in Alberta, Labrador, and half the provinces in between.

did their gypsum cars ever go into manifest trains?