Thread: Custom design

Default Custom design

Checking out videos, I found this.
    https://youtu.be/y-3kSC41cPw
    Interested in all Train-Sims

Identical implementation to the editors seen in racing games like Forza Motorsport or Test Drive Unlimited. With skilled masking and a lot of patience, you can recreate almost anything. I recreated a racing livery Porsche 944 in Forza, as well as a Subaru Rally Team Impreza in TDU2. Also did a few police cars in Midnight Club: LA. Forza in particular had a huge marketplace where you could find pretty much any logo you wanted, as well as full liveries, licence plates, and other fun stuff to use in your creations.

What is disappointing (but not surprising, because DTG) is there's only one font in their editor! This means any other typeface you want to use, you have to make yourself, painstakingly, with the various shapes in the editor. This can absolutely gobble up the number of individual layers you're allowed to place.

There is something on the Roadmap that suggests in TSW2 we will be able to put liveries on our preserved collection of locomotives and freightcars, so, that sounds promising for the future.
    I also note, with huge delight as I am a big fan of his creations, that we have the German Railsimmer Maik Goltz on board to create some German locomotives, and multiple units, especially, the older stuff. I see he has on his drawing board a G6 shunter and a BR 232 ''Ludmilla'' locomotive, which may appeal to us older veterans who remember them from the 1970s/80s on Russian routes and Eastern European maps, maybe we might get something from behind the ''Iron Curtain'' in the future on TSW2, it certainly looks a bit more promising for content anyway, a French TGV route is one of the next DLC releases, so, DTG have finally acknowledged there are other countries in Europe, after all.......lol

Cheerz. Steve.
    Last edited by ex-railwayman; 11-27-2020 at 02:53 PM. Reason: re-edit
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.