Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AI and Trail.eng Files

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    The changes that this deletion brings makes it a bit longer to run an activity

Huh? And How so?

Quote Originally Posted by SD40-2 View Post
    I would suggest combining both the original and new starter route's stock to get the most bang for your buck.

As to the original poster's question, MSTS-BIN phased out the trailing/AI engine file need before OR came around.

Not fully, when average light counts went from 24 or so to 50+ today per loco. Yes bin raised the ceiling, but we still hit it often enough.

I would scram the combining of both starters too. Everything is a repeat except for the Gevos that are broken anyway (missing the brakewheel) and those 48 foot Thralls. The folders in the new starter are named so Mullan and Seligman ORTS routes can get added to the same install and wrap around the starter stock and the acts for the starter still work. Motive power is from Mullan and wagons are from Mullan and Seligman ORTS

You start combining starters and you end up with duplicate car numbers in many directories with different names

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Huh? And How so?
    Some activities and consists need to be fixed first. :-)
    Cheers
    Derek

Quote Originally Posted by derekmorton View Post
    Some activities and consists need to be fixed first. :-)

LOL The trash can solves that. It does wonders for your file counts, too. Trust me, not all activities are diamond grade.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    Not fully, when average light counts went from 24 or so to 50+ today per loco. Yes bin raised the ceiling, but we still hit it often enough.
    I'll admit, I didn't run acts all that much to be honest, so it tended to never a problem for me. I can see how it could cause problems for other people though.

As for mixing the starters, I'll keep that in mind, and retract my suggestion. There is one case where two cars share the same name, but are in different folders, and have different paint jobs. While I haven't encountered any issues yet, there could be a conflict somewhere one day.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

Hi Gerry,

I installed my "vanilla" version of MSTS and my mini routes in the C drive root directory. I put everything in a folder titled "Train Sim" and have a shortcut on my desktop. I discovered the link to Steam4Me link while searching for anything related to my AI and Trailing.eng question. I'll be revisiting that site again.

Kind regards,

Bill

geepster775,

Thanks for the link!

Bill