Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PROBLEMS getting Route SRv2_Phase 3

Default PROBLEMS getting Route SRv2_Phase 3

Greetings and asking assistance with the following:

I am going out of my mind trying to download your new route SRv2_Phase3 and I am having no amount of problems doing it.

There appears to be 4 parts listed on the Train-Sim.com web site (parts B,C,D,E ) and you are to go to some download link (LINK REMOVED-MALWARE SITE) via some source (Shrinkearn??)

When I do this, I get a page that tells me to prove I'm Not a Robot...........but I can not get beyond this because my Security
    program tells me it is INFECTED WITH A VIRUS CALLED "BLACKLIST"

PLEASE give us another way to get the other 3 parts to this route so we can enjoy it. These download links are eternally frustrating because they direct you everywhere but what you need...........trying to install some "extension" to my browser, giving me links to other places (BootBarn, Russian dating girls, and other crap I don't need) PLEASE just upload this thing to me (via Google Drive) to my e-mail and I can download it just fine from there

WHY are we forced to jump through hoops to get stuff that should be simple tasks??

If somebody could upload (on Google Drive) since the missing 3 parts are large (??) via my e-mail it would be EXTREMELY HELPFUL in getting this mess out of the way.

Thank you for your assistance
    Last edited by dedwa15237; 11-15-2020 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Link rmoved
    Doug

Happiness is when the AI-trains appear where you want them to

Those Indian routes, I tell ya.... its all infected.....you got a link from a Russian site... Hordes of malware and junk..
    Dave Edwards

G'day Doug and Dave, thanks for the heads up on this, I thought maybe the other parts had not yet been uploaded and was going to check for them tomorrow. So now I will stand back and watch what eventuates.
    Regards
    Barrie

Default Problems getting Route SRv2_Phase 3

You must be an Aussie Barrie "Gremlin"..it's evening over here...........and we NEVER say "Gremlin" in this country....it was a HORRIBLE compact car in the 70's that should have been put in the trash compactor

I thought the same thing
    .....the other 3 parts will be uploaded tomorrow, however the "read-me" of sorts in part B gives you a "link" to the route download, since several folders are still "missing" from the 4 parts loaded here. Plus several "how to" videos, also which you can't get to and don't explain much of anything.............

And for all the times I have tried, I still get the same thing, his link must be infected as my virus ware will not let me get past the first page of the link, DESPITE what his "how to" video shows....and I KNOW the program I use is much better than the standard software, so it is giving me good information.

I have written Karthik Iyer to get an answer or alternative to this problem.....but like all Indian Train Simers, they seldom if ever answer. I had a request about the update on Mumbai 2011-2015, and likewise, he NEVER returned an answer.

I agree with you Dave Edwards, WHY the Indian artisans have to use this damned link to some "dark space" website to do downloads is unknown...WHY CAN'T THEY JUST UPLOAD THE 3 OTHER PARTS HERE..................had similar problems with Mumbai 2015 Lockdown 2020, though not as severe as here with a contaminated link.

I hope we get a resolution to this, as I look forward to routes which are expanded and include new lines.
    Doug

Quote Originally Posted by bootednancy View Post
    You must be an Aussie Barrie "Gremlin"..it's evening over here...........and we NEVER say "Gremlin" in this country....it was a HORRIBLE compact car in the 70's that should have been put in the trash compactor

I thought the same thing
    .....the other 3 parts will be uploaded tomorrow, however the "read-me" of sorts in part B gives you a "link" to the route download, since several folders are still "missing" from the 4 parts loaded here. Plus several "how to" videos, also which you can't get to and don't explain much of anything.............

And for all the times I have tried, I still get the same thing, his link must be infected as my virus ware will not let me get past the first page of the link, DESPITE what his "how to" video shows....and I KNOW the program I use is much better than the standard software, so it is giving me good information.

I have written Karthik Iyer to get an answer or alternative to this problem.....but like all Indian Train Simers, they seldom if ever answer. I had a request about the update on Mumbai 2011-2015, and likewise, he NEVER returned an answer.

I agree with you Dave Edwards, WHY the Indian artisans have to use this damned link to some "dark space" website to do downloads is unknown...WHY CAN'T THEY JUST UPLOAD THE 3 OTHER PARTS HERE..................had similar problems with Mumbai 2015 Lockdown 2020, though not as severe as here with a contaminated link.

I hope we get a resolution to this, as I look forward to routes which are expanded and include new lines.
    Thats why I don’t trust Indian stuff.. you get 300,000 of the same WAP7 locomotives in different paint... what for? Just a waste of uploading so it’s Nels website.. so I don’t care... most of them are just crap and missing files, not clarifying read-me’ s. Etc... so I stick with the real thing here...
    Dave Edwards

Thanks for your reply Dave.....

I don't mind the 3 million electric or diesel loco files...I am a "fleet operator".....BUT...........

The annoying thing with most of their uploads are 1) the disjointed Read-Me's.........I had a weeks battle to get an answer to the last upload of the Mumbai Lockdown 2020 route that it was an "add-in, drop and overwrite" to the previous version of the route, NOT a stand-alone remake which was totally unclear in the instructions.

2) Reason most of their engine downloads appear "missing files" is that they are so damned "nested" with other loco files, that you need something from 3 or 4 years ago that has the rest of the files.

3) MY biggest annoyance is their activity files...........the Read-Me's specify onoly the wagon or eng. file names NOT where they got the download or even the zip file name, as mentioned above, many files will be nested to a common name folder (ASM-IR, or MCW-ICF) which can have dozens of engines so you have to search literally dozens more of the uploads to find which ZIP file it is in, instead of just providing a list of the ZIP names........you do all that, THEN FIND OUT the "nim-node" used a file which isn't comercially available anyway...Arrrrgggh
    Doug

I received an e-mail reply to my inquiry from Mr Karthik Iyer late tonight who offered his time and assistance to get me the missing downloads safely
    around this malware my computer is picking up.

I have all the parts now and have begun the extractions to assemble his route

Thank you Mr Iyer
    Doug

G'day Doug, will the remaining files be uploaded or placed in a more secure site? I was interested in the route but as I said was holding off till the remainder appeared.
    Regards from the land of OZ.
    Barrie

There will be the files uploaded in the Library he says...........two of them are RAR files, so have to be converted to zip files for the Train Sim required format.
    Hopefully should see somethinmg today Barrie
    Doug

Nothing has to be converted.
    There is no train sim required format.
    Cheers
    Derek