Thread: Latest OpenRails unstable version WOW what a difference.

Default Latest OpenRails unstable version WOW what a difference.

G'day all, I use the "unstable" version of OpenRails and had very few issues until last week when the trees were weird colours and there was (as best as I can describe) an extreme locust plague, these critters were hopping allover the place, so I back dated to the previous version I had used and all was back to normal.
    This morning I had another cautious go at updating (I have several installs of OR for varying purposes) leapt forward 20 versions and WOW what a difference, The scenery looked really great and the locust plague was gone, there was a hit to frame rates but seems to have no negative affect on the running of the sim. This gives me encouragement to fix up my newer PC (it died some time back) and maybe even tweek it a bit and see how OR goes on it.
    All in all a great advancement (after a couple of stumbles) so I must thank the OR team for their fantastic work, it is much appreciated.
    Regards and thanks.
    Barrie

G'day All, well I spoke a little too soon as when I went to run an activity with steam power there was yellow smoke cumming from the stack, Probably an easy fix from the OR team and no biggie as I will just run diesel or electric power until then.
    Using U2020.10.26-0006 2020-10-26 00:13:10 .
    Regards.
    Barrie
    Last edited by gremlin1812; 10-26-2020 at 09:15 PM.

G'day lineman, OK I downloaded that file but I am not sure what to do with it, help appreciated.
    Regards.
    Barrie

I never looked at it as I don't run that version. Looking at it now it appears to be a patch for the programmers? Sorry hoped this would help.

G'day lineman, thanks for the reply, I am happy enough to wait for another version to come, it was good of you to have a go (nothing ventured, nothing gained) hope all is well for you.
    Regards
    Barrie