Thread: Looking for the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway

Default Looking for the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway

G'day all, does anyone know where I might find the "Darjeeling Himalayan Railway" for MSTS, I remember it was available some time back but forgot where it was available.
    Regards
    Barrie

Hi Barrie,
    I don't ever remember a Darjeeling route being available for MSTS. There is a stock pack which can be downloaded from UKTS as file ID 19771 - this stock is supplied in Truscale and x2 scale. However, I DO remember the route for Train Simulator! It, and stock, is also available from UKTS as file IDs 34737, 34738 and 34739.

I wonder if our Indian friends have created (or are creating) the route for MSTS or Open Rails? I'm sure it'd be very well received!

Cheers,
    Ged

The Train Simulator route is a very small section of the real route.

I have considered making the route, but it needs an awful lot of very good scenic items that stand close scrutiny due to the proximity to the tracks. Flat sides and low res textures would look awful. I have even seen cruciform buildings on some Indian routes and they look really 'orrible even in the mid distance.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

G.day, must have been having a seniors moment and maybe had it in train simulator way back, I only use OpenRails now.
    Regards and thank you for the reply's.
    Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin1812 View Post
    G.day, must have been having a seniors moment and maybe had it in train simulator way back, I only use OpenRails now.
    Regards and thank you for the reply's.
    Barrie
    Perhaps you were thinking of the project that was done for Trainz

http://www.trainzone.co.nz/DHR.htm

The screenshots seem quite decent
    Last edited by joe_star; 10-28-2020 at 02:27 AM.

G'day Joe, yes that was the one but I gave up using trainz a long time ago as my pension would not support it. Open rails does me fine now, works well and doesn't hurt the pocket as I had heaps of MSTS routes and stock which work well in Open Rails.
    Regards and thanks.
    Barrie

The route is available for download at UKTS but it is not for MSTS.