Thread: White void

Default White void

G,day all, I have installed "INDRAILV2" and have found a large area which appears to have no ground cover. Does this route suffer from the "white void syndrome" and if so is there an easy way to fix it or do I just press the delete button.
    Regards
    Barrie

AFAIK the "white void" is an MSTS phenomena, OR does not have it, so unless I'm wrong 'bout that ( always a possibility) there is something missing in the route.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

I'm pretty sure it's a tile that is missing. Those control the shape of the terrain and what textures were applied to that tile. I'm not sure why'd it be missing, but that's the only explanation I can think of.

Parker B. - A Misplaced Midwesterner.
    Also known as Mr. Two Bits and Mr. Squarewheels.

The original route contains tiles that are larger than OR can display. Far as I know there was a patch made for it by the route builder.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

I think the thread at this link discusses the tile patch for the route, perhaps it will be of help:

https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...650-Indrail-V2

I made a tile patch which can be found in the download center. It preserves the tile terrain and textures while displaying correctly in OR

G'day baldwin, I was about to say "the route only has an activity patch" then taking a new tack on my search I found two patches hidden in the activities section, go figure. Anyway thanks for your assistance. I have not got around to installing yet but will let know how it goes.
    Regards
    Barrie

G'day baldwin, all is now good (so far) I used "indrailv2_or_tiles_patch.zip" which was the larger of the two available and everything looks good I have not gone over the whole route but the worst areas that I encountered look very good. The reason I decided to use that patch was that it was a larger size and the instructions seemed more concise (gut Instinct) .
    Regards and thank you.
    Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    The original route contains tiles that are larger than OR can display. Far as I know there was a patch made for it by the route builder.
    That is correct

There are 2 patches available.

One is just a simple RGE extraction of all the affected tiles at 1x1 size. All texturing and terrain features are lost (e.g rivers, cuts, hills etc)

The second patch (indrailv2_or_tiles_patch.zip) was prepared by me. I used a technique of splitting the large size tiles down to a size that OR can handle, and then texturing it back manually to what the original route looks like. This way all the details are preserved and the route will closely resemble in OR what it was in MSTS

I hope this helps whoever else is trying to fix this in OR