Thread: Problem with the Foss river bridge on the new Scenic Sub Starter route

Default Problem with the Foss river bridge on the new Scenic Sub Starter route

I remember seeing a post about this problem many moons ago. Bridge piers jutting out of the deck of the bridge as my train crosses the bridge. Spent the last half hours to 45 minutes trying to find the post but no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by CRCSXNS View Post
    I remember seeing a post about this problem many moons ago. Bridge piers jutting out of the deck of the bridge as my train crosses the bridge. Spent the last half hours to 45 minutes trying to find the post but no luck.
    I don't know if you are running Open Rails, but if you are here's a thread that I started with links to all the OR fixes and solutions to problems that may arise: https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/showth...s-Thread-Links
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Thanks uli2, That was the post. Gerry, been using open rails for at least 5 years. I have seen the thread and have used that in the past. Thanks for starting that thread.

Thank Gentlemen, That was the post uli2 and thank you Gerry for starting that thread. Have used it in the past. Been using Open Rails 5 or 6 years now. Will never go back to MSTS.

What's new in the new Scenic starter route? Or is it just the old starter route repackaged?

Sankara,

To answer your question, it's basically the same, but it appears that the locomotives are different. It now has 2 BNSF Dash 9's, instead of the GEVOs that were in the earlier version. The rolling stock has changed too, this time with newer well cars, hopper cars, and new spine cars.
    New York Central
    The Water Level Route....You Can Sleep

Oh so the route is also the same? No scenery additions?

The new version employs the new texture formats that are common to the other Trainsimulations OR-only payware routes. All of the scenery shapes have been reworked to call the new textures. Which makes the route more suitable with combining with the other newer payware routes from TS to be able to use the broader combination of rolling stock.

These changes are really only material to those who have all the newer OR only routes and who appreciate, in a rolling stock sense, the separation of the wheat from the chaff, and probably means very little to the Danny Beck Freeware Club.

I'm currently working on a US3 tracks conversion kit for the route that similarly is modified to only use the newer texture formats.

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    I'm currently working on a US3 tracks conversion kit for the route that similarly is modified to only use the newer texture formats.
    Are you thinking about a general release for the library?
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.