Thread: Confused about terrain editing

Question Confused about terrain editing

I have a spot on one of my routes where I just want to raise the terrain under a road, where the road is hanging in midair.
    I haven't been able to figure out how to raise or lower one spot on the terrain. All I seem to be able to do is raise the terrain for the whole tile. What is the sequence of keys for just raising one place?

Quote Originally Posted by jonpd View Post
    I have a spot on one of my routes where I just want to raise the terrain under a road, where the road is hanging in midair.
    I haven't been able to figure out how to raise or lower one spot on the terrain. All I seem to be able to do is raise the terrain for the whole tile. What is the sequence of keys for just raising one place?
    Hi...

There is a keystroke to change the direction - up or down - I can’t think of it but I’m sure someone will be along shortly...

Regards,
    Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You can select the road piece and right click to set the terrain height to the object.

http://koniec.org/tsre5/reterrain.html

At the end of the page : Embankments and Cuttings.

To adjust terrain under the road:
    1. Click "View" at the top of the screen, and tick "Terrain Grid"
    2. Press F2 to get the terrain window on the right. Set "Size" and "Intensity" to 1, "Height Type" to Add-Simple
    3. Select the "HeightMap" button at the top (it turns light grey)
    4. Mouse click repeatedly on the terrain junctions to adjust the terrain height. The keyboard Z key adjusts between up/down.
    Garry

If the road piece is already in the rdb (or you just placed it without deselecting), just press the F key. This will raise the terrain under your road piece, but doesn't raise it everywhere else.