Thread: Allegheny Rails Route (Re-signalling)?

Default Allegheny Rails Route (Re-signalling)?

Hi all,

Would it be possible for someone with the knowledge and time to convert the "Allegheny Rails" route in the file library to CSX style position light signals, instead of the Semaphore signals currently in use on the route?

Signaling is well above my pay grade unfortunately. But I remember there being a couple wiz kids in this field in the hobby. Any of them still active?

The CSX signals in question are by Hank Sundermeyer here in the file library. csxsig10.zip They the style of signals found along the old B&O mainlines and would be a perfect fit for the Allegheny Route.

Robert

Maybe this would be a good opportunity to learn how to do signaling. There is a pretty good guide you can download from the file library. Search for "tem_signal_guide.zip". I am getting ready to signal one of my routes never having done it before and plan to use this and the MSTS guides plus looking at existing signal packages and scripts to figure it out.

Signal work in TSRE is a piece of cake.
    Setting up your sigcfg.dat and sigscr.dat is the hardest part.
    I've added signals to my project several times. If I can do it anybody can.
    I'm sure there are people here that would be more than happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by jonpd View Post
    Maybe this would be a good opportunity to learn how to do signaling. There is a pretty good guide you can download from the file library. Search for "tem_signal_guide.zip". I am getting ready to signal one of my routes never having done it before and plan to use this and the MSTS guides plus looking at existing signal packages and scripts to figure it out.
    That old thing? I can't believe people are still using that. It's pretty good for MSTS-era signals, but it was written before most of the OR-era features and such came into being. My signal systems, for one, have come a looong way since then

Quote Originally Posted by ebnertra000 View Post
    That old thing? I can't believe people are still using that. It's pretty good for MSTS-era signals, but it was written before most of the OR-era features and such came into being. My signal systems, for one, have come a looong way since then
    That may be true but for someone starting out with signaling (such as myself) you need to first understand the basics of how signaling worked under MSTS. The documentation on OR features such as you find at Elvas Tower assumes you already know this.