Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New error function in TSRE

Cool New error function in TSRE

Colleagues,

Goku mentioned an error function in TSRE and there is a tool for opening a window for it
    in later releases of TSRE, but I have no clue as to how it is to be actually used. There
    are two locations in the Virginian route that crash to desktop and the hope was that this
    function might point to what the problem is, or might be.

Can someone supply instructions as to how this function is to be used, and what sort of
    errors might be detected? Since TSRE or ORTS do not crash at these points, but MSTS
    does, the plan is to complete the route as a ORTS/TSRE only route, but it would be
    better to correct these errors if they can be found. Several years ago there was a
    similar error on the Tallahassee Sub. route and our late colleague, Otto, in England
    found out quickly what it was but I can find no reference to his comments in the forums.

Given that TSRE does not crash at the points where MSTS does, I got to wonder if TSRE
    even recognizes the presence of an error.

J. H. Sullivan
    (aka landnrailroader)

You need to add a couple lines to the settings.txt.

loadAllWFiles = true This will load all of the W files and then the Errors and Messages tool will show all of the errors. Some you can fix manually.
    autoFix = true This will automatically fix all of the errors when you open the route and show the errors in the EandM tool so you can see what it did.

You can exit without saving if you want

I've used it without any problems, fixed about 20 errors.

I let it fly and it looks like it removed many many signals from the PRR!
    I'm presently running the Washington to NYPenn activity and not a signal to be seen up to Landover Interlocking.
    Glad I made copy of route before playing Mr.Fixit. No pain no gain.
    Last edited by Vince; 11-02-2020 at 01:28 AM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Okay,

I did that, and when loading the route, a little window indicates that all world files are loading,
    and I have set Autofix as well. No errors or messages appear in the errors & messages window,
    and when I bring up the route in MSTS editor, the crash still occurs at the usual location. So
    my hunch is probably correct in that whatever the issue is, TSRE does not consider it to be a
    error. If I remember correctly, Otto said the issue in the Tallahassee route was either a track
    or road piece. Not likely a track piece though because I tested through both these areas before
    I added roads. If any of you, and in particular, Goku, would like to have a copy of the route
    as-is to tinker with, I can provide it through "WeTransfer" if I know your email address.
    Unzipped it is about 1.1G in size as I have not done any compression. I can also give you
    a coordinate start point, and tell you which direction to "move" to hit the crash points, two
    of them, about 75 miles apart.

J. H. Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    I let it fly and it looks like it removed many many signals from the PRR!
    I'm presently running the Washington to NYPenn activity and not a signal to be seen up to Landover Interlocking.
    Glad I made copy of route before playing Mr.Fixit. No pain no gain.
    Check the error list for signals and see what TSRE doesn't like in them. Signals without errors are not removed.

Hi Goku,
    I guess the program decided to remove all signals then because there were no signals at all between Washington to about 15 Km north of Baltimore where I saved and retired for the night. I will continue the run after I get some c0ffee in me. I also checked from time to time for signals on the parallel Baltimore & Ohio Capitol division line and they too were all gone.

Please remember I DID NOT follow your instructions to go to each location in the list and check if an interactive needed to be deleted or left alone. There were hundreds of errors listed. I just wanted to see how TSRE handled a huge shit sandwich dumped in it's lap so the outcome was kind of expected.
    I'm sure if I had there would have been a different outcome had I proceeded properly and followed the instructions.

Like I said, not a big deal as I had med a copy of the route before running TSRE
    I will do it by the book on my next run of TSRE as soon as I finish the Washington to New York run.

By the way, so far in the run the AI traffic trains (of which there are many) appear to be running normally. Go figure!

best regards,

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

If TSRE removed all your signals then indeed something is wrong with them, or there is an TSRE bug. Look at the WORLD errors and see the description.

Visited Pittsburgh (western end of route) all signals gone. NOT complaining Goku, just passing on data points. Platform and speedposts seem to be okay but I have not fully looked into this.
    Bug in signals? VERY Probably yes!

Remember back about a year ago when I came up with the 'Empty Item' problem.
    When editing the PRR East if used Empty Item in TDB enabled it caused all sorts of problems; mixups with speed posts, speed limits and siding markers.
    So the last 6 to 7 months of editing were with Use Empty Item disabled.
    There were no further problems in the database that were caught by Open Rails (which was my primary method of nailing errors in the route).
    So . . . . . . indeed there must be a bunch of hidden errors in the PRR database files but the present ones have not caused any problems that I've heard about and I've certainly haven't encountered any.

If you want to, please download and install the route so you may see for yourself the error report when running the TSRE fixer.

prr-east-v2-install.zip in the file library

Very easy install and must be installed as a 'Mini' Route. For Open Rails.
    1.4GB and contains all equipment and activities to run the route.

regards,

Can't find this file.

I can see it in the file library?
    Cheers
    Derek