Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New error function in TSRE

Quote Originally Posted by GokuMK View Post
    Can't find this file.
    It is in the routes section of the Trainsim.com file library.
    Here is a direct link to the route. prr-east-v2-install.zip

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

My connection is not that stable to allow me downloading this file for 12 hours with 32 kb/s speed XD

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Visited Pittsburgh (western end of route) all signals gone. NOT complaining Goku, just passing on data points. Platform and speedposts seem to be okay but I have not fully looked into this.
    Bug in signals? VERY Probably yes!
    Bug is inside your sigcfg file, here:

SignalType ( SL3HeadAbsolute_Normal
    [...]
    SignalDrawState ( 4 YflGR
    DrawLights ( 3
    DrawLight ( 1 )
    DrawLight ( 5
    SighanlFlags ( FLASHING )
    )
    And here:

SignalType ( SL3ColorPermissiveA
    [...]
    SignalDrawState ( 2 flAmber
    DrawLights ( 1
    DrawLight ( 1
    SiganFlags ( FLASHING )
    )
    And here:

SignalType ( CLV3HeadAbsolute_Normal
    [...]
    SignalDrawState ( 4 YflGR
    DrawLights ( 3
    DrawLight ( 1 )
    DrawLight ( 5
    SighanlFlags ( FLASHING )
    )
    And the same kind of errors here too: CLV3LightPermissiveA

TSRE fails to load sigcfg file, so it thinks that all your signals are broken.

Check your files first before reporting TSRE bug.

Ouch.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

TSRE fails to load sigcfg file, so it thinks that all your signals are broken.
    Check your files first before reporting TSRE bug.
    Hi Goku,
    When I began rebuilding the PRR-East @ Patch #6 level I didn't expect to verify if all the route was working properly . . . it's waaay too big!
    I concentrated mainly on the NY Penn to Washington and then, at the input from testers and the original routes authors I 'cleaned up' the Washington to Pittsburgh, not every track mile, just parts of the route and hundreds of database problems, mostly mixed up signal/milepost/speedpost references.

I did go into the sigcgg file but only to set the SNCA values and remove speed limits from signals. (as engineer/driver already knows this!). I didn't look for context or spelling, only if I happened by chance on an obvious error..
    The signals where I ran explore mode seemed to work fine with the exception along one of the Jersey Shore lines where I had to increase the SignalNumberClearAhead as I recall from a 2, to 4. Fixed a problem where you always were running on a Yellow.

But that aside, great catch Goku! Soon's I get the chance I'll take a run through the file and see what I can find/fix. If you see anything else in the route that needs attention please do post about it. It's input like yours that makes a builders job much easier.
    Thanks.

regards,

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,

After fixing these sigcfg errors mentioned above, everything seems to work fine in your route. Error list is very short.

Thanks for that.
    Would it be possible to have the error function display the reason TSRE would not load the sigcfg.dat file?
    Something like: 'ERROR IN SIGCFG line nnn'

I did review the TSRE log.txt file line by line last night . . .took a while (900KB) but while I did see some [I] items in there about undefined token in sigcfg but nothing firm about the errors you found deep in the sigcfg.dat file. HOW you found those errors is what has got my curiosity up????

Looking through the file looking for typographical errors is VERY hard so how'd you find them?
    Much thanks for your continuing work with your editor.

best regards,

I use TSRE source code, so I can adjust it to find these errors.
    I think that OR log shows good info about sigcfg file errors.

Hello . Taking advantage of my free time at Independence Day in Poland, I allowed myself to correct the sigcfg.dat file and the PRR_EAST_REG-2 route using the new TSRE5_v0.699 Tools / Error & Messages function. Most of TSRE5 bugs fixed automatically, manually removed levitating objects like "Object seems to be located too far from it's Tile. -Xxxxx -xxxxx". I am sending the link to the patch file - please test on a copy of the route. Greetings, Marek

https://mega.nz/file/acAlnSAB#xHxAtU...nKOvDCK6x-PaCY

Object too far.jpg
    Object too far2.jpg
    prr_east no errors.jpg
    Open Rails 2020-11-11 07-46-02.jpg
    Open Rails 2020-11-11 08-40-40.jpg

Thank you.
    I will wait for Goku's approval of this patch.

regards,