Thread: Problem with AI trains not moving in an activity

Default Problem with AI trains not moving in an activity

Greetings, and I bring a problem I am having with a route, though so far just one activity that runs through a particular section.
    The activity is in 4 parts, first 3 are on this route (ITALIA-11 BRENNERO LINE)

The first part of the activity runs fine, both Player and AI trains with no hitches.

The second part which is further down the route, is where I am having the problem. I have not tackled Part 3 yet, Parrt 4 is on a different route.

It appears the first 5 AI trains run as intended, though 3 of them start at points shorter than where the 5th train starts.
    For some unknown, the 5th AI gets hung up at a red signal (and having changed player trains, found out it hangs up at following signals) though it and the following 3 AI trains make it up to this point in the route getting by previous signals.

Is this a problem with the route?? The signal itself ?? or particular engines being MSTS and not working with Open Rails, though all the other trains are similar???

Also, running the player train, I also encounter a red signal with nothing ahead on another part of the route before I get to where it
    happens to AI trains on the opposing track. Using the usual proceedure (TAB), I can get by the signal and proceed normally, this being the only such case for the player

Any suggestions or fixes for this type of situation????????? Ruins the activity having a bunch of trains piled up on a clear track, and passengers on Player train are P-Oed about the delay for the stop & proceed.

Thanks for the assistance of something more involved I am not familiar with. I'm running Open Rails ver U2020.09.22 ,
    build 2020.09.22.0736. Route is ITALIA 11 (parts 1-13 with 3 patches) Activity is part 2 of Brenner-Pack1234.rar

Thanks again
    Last edited by bootednancy; 11-05-2020 at 02:45 AM.
    Doug

Happiness is when the AI-trains appear where you want them to

Hi Doug,

Does the OR Log give any clue as to what is not happening?

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Default Problem with AI trains not moving in an activity

Hello Vince:

Thanks for your reply. BVut I am at a loss for "translating" the OR log file......much of it is giggerish to me, so I wouldn't know what to look for.

I have gone back at this thing this morning and got some strange no-answer results??? How I have no idea what caused it. Before I ran the activity I did a lot of work with the TSRE-5 editor and laid a number of Static Consists. Just my preference, but many European station yards are rarely left empty. Not sure, maybe I disturbed the TDB file??? Though I did check the TSRE "Settings" command file and the one dangerous item I was previously told about was marked correctly. I checked to see what the line "Write TDB" and that is marked FALSE so nothing is being changed there

Now Vince, even "stranger"...I tried removing the "offending" signal from the route, but on the cab monitor it still shows as there with a stop signal. getting "frustrated", I ran the route installer and made another copy of the route. Since I took out the signal, I just copied over a new WORLD folder set of files.

Now I have run the route 3 times already, there is NO problem with the signal for the AI trains....they all "march along in the correct order", though I tweaked the times a little so they are more spread out to show at certain places.......Also, I do not have the problem with the stop signal for the Player at entrance to a station and I can roll along with nothing happening.

Sometinmes this defies logic........so whatever I did, the overwrite of the WORLD files has stopped it.
    Doug

Happiness is when the AI-trains appear where you want them to

Doug,

You can try loading the route in TSRE with "loadAllWFiles = true" added to the settings file.
    This may show the error and allow you to fix it.

Randy