Thread: Getting mileposts to span multiple tracks...

Default Getting mileposts to span multiple tracks...

Am I missing a setting somewhere? When I drop a milepost, it only covers one track. Shouldn't there be a grey pyramid on all three tracks in a three track section?

You may have to increase the max placing radius over in the left panel.

Click on the milepost and drag it to the other side of the tracks, the red line will span all the tracks on the opposite side.

Paul :-)

Try the "Expand" button in the left panel once you place the milepost.
    ~Sean Kelly~

MRL Mullan Pass for ORTS
    https://www.trainsimulations.net/Pro...LLAN_ORTS.HTML

Expand did the trick.

I've held off on using TSRE because of other commitments, but it's time to dive in. Clearly going to take some getting used to...

Just a heads up that there is (was?) a problem when setting the speed limits across multiple tracks:
    I had many instances of the MPH speed entered into the form for the speedpost was being interpreted as Km in the Open Rails Sim.
    I had no problems if I set the speed in the form to the Km speed equal to the mph wanted, example for 80 mph I set the speedpost form to 129 Km per hour. This shows in the Sim F4 display as 80 MPH limit.

I think there was a discussion of this at Elvas Tower forums.

regards,
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Yep, saw that one thank you. I'm not setting speed limits, just mileposts.

Working on 80 miles of scenery and replaced the Google imagery I got from SRT with TSRE's capability (which I am a fan of), but now the track alignment is off by 5-10M in various places. No sense adding more interactives knowing I have to re-do track, but I'm hopeful I won't have to eliminate all of the interactives first...

I've been away from the MSTS RE for over a year, and muscle memory still want to use those commands... Figuring out the mileposts helped tame that beast a bit, so now it's time to do the same with laying track.

"..........and muscle memory still want to use those commands...
    Oh my yes! That's why I say a first time TSRE user has a much easier time learning the new editor than an experienced MSTS editor user.

Hint;
    Print up a single sheet of paper with the editor commands in as large as possible print and still fit on the single page.
    Very helpful for an experienced MSRE user to pick up the new commands.
    How many times have you been unable to align a track section exactly, just a bit off in any direction? Then you'll love being able to use the 'Step' value to make truly microscopic track adjustments.

regards,
    Last edited by Vince; 11-15-2020 at 11:39 PM.
    ............Vince ..............
    ...... Author NECv4 .......
    .... LIRR BUILD PHOTOS ....
    .............LIRR VIDEO.............
    ...... Eschew Obsfucation ......

On the The Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor there is a Tablet. On it is written:
    "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
    the wretched refuse of your teeming shore, send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
    I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"