Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Western Railways V2 upgrading?

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin1812 View Post
    G'day, I tried but my old eyes cannot cope with getting links from low quality video, can someone send me the link please.
    Regards
    Barrie
    https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/m...R2?usp=sharing

For a short period of time the route was made freely available, but now it seems that the "Ask for access" system is back again .
    Hidetoshi Dekisugi.
    "Creating is more fun than playing."
    Queries, suggestions & feedback: [email protected]
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcq...-dDFeRZkaDto5A

G'day Hidetoshi, thank you so much for that link, I have sent the request and hopefully I will get a positive result. I use Open Rails and it allows me to make "mini routes" which is great as I now have Western Railways installed as WR V2, V2 with patch, V6 and hopefully V7 all separately available and once the routes are installed the MSTS routes are no longer required.
    Regards and thanks.
    Barrie

G'day Hidetoshi, once again thank you for assisting me, all downloaded and I will install it tomorrow.
    Regards
    Barrie

You're welcome
    Hidetoshi Dekisugi.
    "Creating is more fun than playing."
    Queries, suggestions & feedback: [email protected]
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcq...-dDFeRZkaDto5A

G'day all, I tried installing western railways downloaded from the file site wow what an effort had to download twice as the first failed for some reason, this is an example where spanned files work well as the chance of corruptions is minimised. I installed it and OpenRails just did not want anything to do with it so maybe there was some corruption in the file?
    I ended up using the four patch files in a copy of V6 and all is good, actually V7 will use some earlier sessions, but it is a case of trial and error.
    Regards
    Barrie

G'Day Barrie!

Installing the route should be easy once you've downloaded it, as far as I remember, you just need to move the extracted folder into your routes folder. It's supposed to be installed the same way an MSTS route is installed.

G'day, that is what I did and OpenRails just did not recognise it. as I said before I used the V7 files from trainsim and worked fine.
    Might have another bash at it later but am all installed out.
    Regards
    Barrie

I had to add some paths before I could explore the route.
    Cheers
    Derek

G'day Derek, I have now solved the problem with Western Railways V7 full download version, it was as I suspected, corrupted downloads.
    I got up early this morning and the download went fast and steady, I am pleased to say that all is going well with two activities that I installed and knew would work and all went well.
    So I am now a happy chappy and will spend the day running trains and leave the install wows behind.
    Regards to Derek all others who have assisted.
    Barrie