Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Western Railways V2 upgrading?

Default Western Railways V2 upgrading?

G'day all, I have installed Western Railways V2 and have it running nicely with the two provided activities I then thought I would add V3, well it is going with its provided activity but the original two start to load then crash and It seems to be caused by broken paths, Is this pare for the course or is there some trick to fix it? Is this the way things are with the rest of the updates?
    I have attached the log file if that is of use.
    Regards
    Barrie
    Attached Files Attached Files

I installed all the updates until V6, working smoothly. Would suggest you to do the same.
    Also make sure you run the 'InstallMe.bat' file.
    Hidetoshi Dekisugi.
    "Creating is more fun than playing."
    Queries, suggestions & feedback: [email protected]
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcq...-dDFeRZkaDto5A

G'day MrBrinjal, I was thinking of doing the update to V6 but what happened with V3 put me off. Will the activities for the earlier versions work in V6 or is it a case of hit and miss with that.
    Regards
    Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin1812 View Post
    G'day MrBrinjal, I was thinking of doing the update to V6 but what happened with V3 put me off. Will the activities for the earlier versions work in V6 or is it a case of hit and miss with that.
    Regards
    Barrie
    Maybe no. I remember I read that somewhere. Activities made for previous versions won't work in V6 unfortunately
    Hidetoshi Dekisugi.

G'day MrBrinjal, well I got V6 installed and I left the activities in just to see what happens, the result was:-
    19310 Shanti Express.act Fail V3
    19215 Saurastra Express.act fail V2
    19116 Sayaji Nagri Express.act Fail V2
    12959Dadar-Bhuj Express.act OK V5
    12920 Malwa Express.act fail V5
    12916 Ashram Express.act OK V4
    12519 LTT-KYQ AC Express.act OK V6
    12192 Shridham Superfast.act OK V6
    11072 Kamayani Express fail V5
    The result was I suppose predictable but at the same time disappointing so I think I will go with a V2 install and a V6 installed That should cover most of the activities. Now, I think I did everything right but the appearance of the route (from what I have seen so far) is disappointing the ground textures are not as good as V2/V3 and there are roads and paths (appear to be painted) going all over the place, is there a guide to correct installation from the start V2 to V6 and possibly V7.
    It was a bit disappointing but it remains to be seen as I will do a fresh install from the start and see how things go.
    Regards
    Barrie

G'day All, I have drawn up a plan for installing Western Railways V2 to V6:-
    western_railways_v2_1
    western_railways_v2_2
    western_railways_v2_3
    western_railways_v2_4
    western_railways_v2_5
    run installme.bat
    western_railways_v2_patch_1.zip
    run installme.bat
    western_railways_v3
    run installme.bat
    western_railways_v4
    run installme.bat
    western_railways_v5_part_1
    western_railways_v5_part_2
    run installme.bat
    western_railways_v5_patch
    run installme.bat
    western_railways_v6_1
    western_railways_v6_2
    western_railways_v6_3
    western_railways_v6_4
    western_railways_v6_5
    run installme.bat
    western_railways_v2_scenery_update
    run installme.bat
    western_railways_v2_scenery_update_v2
    run installme.bat
    All done.
    After every install check for missing textures etc.
    I could stand corrected if I am in error.
    Regards
    Barrie

G'day all, i was under the impression that the two scenery updates were to go in AFTER V6 install but I heard that they was actually for install in V2 after the V2 patch, the reason I thought after V6 install was because of the time past since V2 came out.
    Could someone please clarify this for me before I press on with install number 2, if all goes well this time I will just delete the previous and press on.
    Regards
    Barrie

Good Day Barrie!

Western Railways v7 just got released a few months ago! It's now available as a standalone route, and you can download it from the creator (Apurv Soni)'s YouTube channel. He's posted this video on how to download his route. https://youtu.be/0QgO0FO8Rcs

He hasn't released the standalone route on Trainsim as he wants to individually grant access to each user to prevent piracy. So if all of those patches are driving you crazy, I suggest you download the entire route in one go from his channel.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianRailways1601 View Post
    Good Day Barrie!

Western Railways v7 just got released a few months ago! It's now available as a standalone route, and you can download it from the creator (Apurv Soni)'s YouTube channel. He's posted this video on how to download his route. https://youtu.be/0QgO0FO8Rcs

He hasn't released the standalone route on Trainsim as he wants to individually grant access to each user to prevent piracy. So if all of those patches are driving you crazy, I suggest you download the entire route in one go from his channel.
    G'day @IndianRailways1601! The link is now open to everyone and you don't have to ask for access anymore.
    Hidetoshi Dekisugi.

G'day, I tried but my old eyes cannot cope with getting links from low quality video, can someone send me the link please.
    Regards
    Barrie