Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Irregular TSM operation

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Jacksonville,, FL, USA.
    Posts
    3,897

    Cool Irregular TSM operation

    Colleagues,

    I have created, successfully, perhaps 60 bridges for a new Knoxville Division
    (L&N, CSX) route and needed 3 more in the Corbin, KY yard. Using parts
    that have worked for many previous bridges, I created one and when I
    generate the files for MSTS/ORTS all I get is a few parts of the original
    parts, usually just the handrails to show in either TSRE, MSTS, or ORTS.
    Anyone else see this phenomena, and if so, what corrected it.

    Now remember, I used parts that worked successfully, many previous
    times.

    J. H. Sullivan
    (landnrailroader)

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Rushey Platt Junction, Darkest Wiltshire.
    Posts
    248

    Default

    How complex is the final model? Could you break it down into two or more shapes and test them? That way you can start isolating what's wrong.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 1999
    Location
    Jacksonville,, FL, USA.
    Posts
    3,897

    Default

    i tried that and got the same results, so I just created the bridges from scratch, as I had the
    dimensions, and voila, things worked. I had seen this before, once, while detailing out the
    Milwaukee Road Coast Div. 2nd Sub. and the solution had been to just "try again with new
    parts". These were very simple bridges, just a deck girder span with two parts, the bridge
    and the handrail plus the end berms & piers.

    J. H. Sullivan

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->