Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn / Fall Sale 2020 now on in the DTG shop.

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    But we don't have "Fall" here: the natural forests are evergreens and the only trees which lose their leaves in Autumn are those species which were imported by the bloody Poms back in the 1800s - along with foxes, rabbits, starlings........and convicts, of course!
    But, you have other trees like Jacarandas and fabulous Starlings like the Mettallic one, far better than what we have, matey, don't knock it.

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-railwayman View Post
    But, you have other trees like Jacarandas .....
    Even they are imported, Steve.
    (South American, I believe).

As for the Starling, well, I wouldn't swap a Lyrebird or Bellbird for one.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    ....Nice touch is that unlike MSTS and normal TS, you must drop the revs as per the real thing before changing gear or you end up over revving the engine and no power.
    Stop luring me with your siren song, Vernon!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Siren, or Gorgon...
    Vern.

You will buy it Bruce, it has been ordained.

Are there any actual differences to v1, or is it just a name change with a scenario tool added.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    Are there any actual differences to v1, or is it just a name change with a scenario tool added.

Mike.
    That's a good point, Mike. What, if any, improvements or additions have been made?

Knowing DTG Bruce, it's you pay your money and get exactly what you had last time.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Managed to get a scenario to work after a fashion.

As i am sure i chose the green Brush Type 4. But ended up with the blue Class 47/4.

AI is easy to add, not sure what the limit would be though on numbers of AI services.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

From what I understand with the AI generation, there is no spawning so you have to start at suitable locations en route, pretty much similar to TS. If I read Rudolf's guide correctly they can have the same end point, presumably just stack up behind each other.

Edit: Oh and as with MSTS, AI can only start after the scenario commencement ie. player train start time.

I'm looking forward to when (if) we can start producing proper timetable runs.
    Vern.

All correct observations, Vern.

I was really pee'd off. I wanted to start from Padd plat 8, but from there you cannot reach Reading.

It is not given as an end point from there, which is absolutely crazy.

Which means, Oxford, Cheltenham and Birmingham AI services. Cannot use it as a start point, losing any sort of realism.

Amazing how the shine just evaporates from a DTG product. In such a short space of time.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd