Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Autumn / Fall Sale 2020 now on in the DTG shop.

I am that close to having the game removed from my Steam account.

No refund option anymore and it is the same pile of crud that TSW was.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Sorry to hear that Mike. I'm still having fun, just took the Western from Aachen to Koln, bit more varied run than Paddington to Reading. Only annoyance was only one path in the Scenario Editor which it turns out puts you through the platform at a couple of the stations, virtually no advance warning to get down to 80 km/h.
    Vern.

Just me Vern, attention span of a flea these days. I am disappointed though, but i should know better.

In regards DTG, at my age. No fool like an old fool buddy.

I only own UK dlc Vern, i think i ran a couple of miles on Sandpatch on two occasions in TSW.

Haven't even looked at it in v2. That is one of the things that takes the shine off the Planner.

No selectable pathing options, plus the consists are predictable. No maroon Western or green Brush Type 4 with blue-grey coaching stock.

Enjoy buddy.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

I get the same thing with route building Mike - call it train sim ADD! Especially Trainz where I know I'll probably never ever end up driving the route again once finished.
    Vern.

I think we have been doing the whole train game thing for too long Vern.

It is a shame about Trainz, because Surveyor is head and shoulders above the other train game route building tools.

But then the driving experience is abysmal.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

That's why I tend to go for the model style stuff, Mike. The laughable cab aliases don't grate so much and my attention can usually just about hold lonfg enough to finish a project.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    I think we have been doing the whole train game thing for too long Vern.

It is a shame about Trainz, because Surveyor is head and shoulders above the other train game route building tools.

But then the driving experience is abysmal.
    Have you noticed that one gets this feeling because every sim seems to lack in some area?

Run8 is a comprehensive experience insofar as you have proper driving, yards, routes and dispatching, and also getting your hands dirty working with couplers and and switches... but the AI can only drive to obey the signals, and know to stop at a station if pathed through one with a passenger consist. It can't shunt or trim or assemble a train, or play dispatcher.

Derail Valley takes the "getting your hands dirty" to an extreme, you are physically doing almost everything... but there's no other traffic, it's nigh-on impossible to have your route set up for you, there's no passengers.

TSW tries to take the venerable TS20XX series and add that ability to walk around and do things yourself... but the walking isn't much cop, and neither are the routes, AI traffic, or driving experience itself.

And so on. I would probably have four sims installed if I had the time and HDD space (TS2021, Derail Valley, DRS and Run8) depending on my mood and how I felt like hitting the metal that day.

I hear you, Metal. That's usually the point at which I say [email protected]@cks to it and fire up Elite Dangerous or Flight Sim for a few days...
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    That's why I tend to go for the model style stuff, Mike. The laughable cab aliases don't grate so much and my attention can usually just about hold lonfg enough to finish a project.
    That is good if it interests you Vern. I don't really have much interest in model railways on the pc, buddy.

If i had thousands and thousands of pounds to spend.

I would be interested in a room size 00 scale model layout though.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

At the moment Steve, none of the train games are hitting the spot buddy.

For me the main problem is. Neither DTG or N3V have any real interest in making their games.

Proper simulators, with prototypical operations. They both only do half a job, in my opinion.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd