Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Autumn / Fall Sale 2020 now on in the DTG shop.

Default Autumn / Fall Sale 2020 now on in the DTG shop.

I think this is just for the PC gamers, not having a console I haven't studied anything for them as such.

From today until the 19th November.

This is for both TSW and TS2020 versions. Choose wisely as you can't get refunds.

https://store.dovetailgames.com/uk/sale

Cheerz. Steve.
    i5 4690 3.5 GHz Quad Core CPU, Gigabyte Z97-HD3, 16GB RAM, nVidia GTX1060 6GB, WIN 7 PRO 64-bit.

TSW2 is still way to expensive for my taste, Steve.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Why the **** can't they use the UK/English/British Empire term AUTUMN?
    All the prices are in Pounds, yet the sale is headlined "FALL".....and DTG is a British company.

It irritates the crap out of me just how we have quietly killed-off traditional UK-heritage English for Americanisms.

(Yeah...I'm a GOM when it comes to the loss of tradition. )
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

As Steve pointed out on the DTG forum, worth noting these are redemption codes from DTG so you can't get a refund from Steam if you don't like what you bought.

Bit gutted as I just paid full price for the Ruhr route and DB 363, but too late to refund on Steam and rebuy in the sale.

Think I will wait for the actual Steam Autumn or Christmas sale, see what drops there - especially as I just spent £30 on Planet Coaster!
    Vern.

You use dollars day to day Bruce. Fall fit's in nicely with the way Australia, looks more to the USA now than the UK.

But i agree in regards an English company, using "Americanisms". But to be fair, most of UK culture since 1945.

Has increasingly embraced what happens across the pond.

Planet Coaster Vern, any good buddy. I was looking at that last month.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

Planet Coaster looks good from the YT clips but I was struggling after half an hour. Like all those types of games it's very hard to make money at the start, unless you want to play around in the sandbox. Once I get into, there's a lot of depth there but what you see at the start isn't quite what the YT clips show you.

Personally I would wait and see if there is a Steam sale before buying it.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by haverfordwest View Post
    You use dollars day to day Bruce.
    True, but so do others. Nineteen others, in fact.
    We were going to have the "Royal" when we changed to decimalisation (and the American spell-checker just wanted to replace the 's' with a 'z' in that word!) in 1966 but Menzies was outvoted.

Fall fit's in nicely with the way Australia, looks more to the USA now than the UK.
    But we don't have "Fall" here: the natural forests are evergreens and the only trees which lose their leaves in Autumn are those species which were imported by the bloody Poms back in the 1800s - along with foxes, rabbits, starlings........and convicts, of course!

Speaking of which, I was delighted to learn a month or so ago, through the resources of Ancestry, that my paternal great-great-great-great grandmother was a convict, transported for seven years from Ireland for petty theft in 1795!

Makes me proud to be an Aussie!
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

It would be sandbox mode for me Vern. i don't have a competitive or bread head bone in my body.

All these sim type game, i play for fun not competition.

Bruce, you take everything i post. Too seriously and too literally.

You are Irish then buddy. Well done in beating Wales this evening.

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd

.......Bruce, you take everything i post. Too seriously and too literally.
    No, not really, Mike. I just like to stir the pot by seeming to be offended!

You are Irish then buddy. Well done in beating Wales this evening.
    In what??

Part Irish and part English, Mike.
    According to Ancestry's DNA test I had last year (hoping to find that I had Maori blood in me, as my mum came from NZ, but it wasn't to be) we have a smidgen of Scandinavian in the mix. Not enough to classify myself as a Viking, though.

Hahahahahaha, so you are a wind up merchant, the same as me buddy.

Rugby Union, you philistine.

I wouldn't put the part english bit about too much buddy.

Nice one in regards your mum. NZ is the only other country i would ever have thought of living.

So you are not going to change your name to Ragna Lothbrok, any time soon Bruce ?

Mike.
    Yma O Hyd