Thread: Fresno to East Seligman - The trip is nearly over.

Default Fresno to East Seligman - The trip is nearly over.

The penultimate video.

This covers the end of the night run across the desert from Mojave to Barstow, through the Needles Sub and on into the Seligman Sub.
    I have not included that long drag through the night, so the clip starts near West Griffith and ends just as dawn is breaking.....almost 12 hours from the start back near Fresno.

IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Here is Part 10, the final chapter in the run from one end of the system to the other............

IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Well done Bruce! I actually got as far as applying the latest core update and loading my last saved game earlier after nearly a year, but the non-mnemonic key commands are just so off putting. Guess I will have to persevere.
    Vern.

Thanks, Vern.
    Yeah....I quite enjoyed it and after owning Run 8 for so long and not having done the full length I thought it about time I did so.

Like you, I find the key bindings to be somewhat strange...always have. Why they couldn't have stuck with convention and then added as necessary.......seems odd.
    I go from Run 8 to Open Rails and have to stop and think about which keys do what!

I was looking back over some of my MSTS/OR stuff the other day.....bits 'n' bobs which I collected over the years and then saved to a DVD....and came across the files for my old web-site, "AustRail".
    I reminisced for an hour as I read back over the reviews I'd done for many routes and came to the conclusion that my favourite pay-ware route(s) are still Maple Leaf Tracks' Canadian Rockies items.
    They did a magnificent job back then, green canyons or not; the routes, 'stock and activities were top-shelf.

Well I picked up on my westbound manifest run still on the Seligman sub. Put myself in a loop just outside Kingman for an intermodal to go screaming past, which I'm now following on yellow signals. Just a case of refamiliarizing yourself with how the sim does things.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    ..... Just a case of refamiliarizing yourself with how the sim does things.
    Very true.
    Play them regularly and it doesn't take much to become reacquainted.

Thanks Bruce for you videos and the work you put into them.
    Lets hope we see V3 soon.
    —————
    Jason

Quote Originally Posted by JasonM View Post
    Thanks Bruce for you videos and the work you put into them.
    Lets hope we see V3 soon.
    Thanks, Jason.

Yeah....it would be nice to at least read an update from Run 8 Studios.