Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fresno to East Seligman - The trip is nearly over.

Well remember as a kid watching reruns of The Flintstones but I was too you young to change the channel
    I have photo albums that I rarely if ever go through. Having something on the wall is or desktop is different that may spark a memory, and a smile. But I don't go out of my way in finding it.

Yes I'll admit I watched the original Star Wars a few time, you got me Still a waste of time in my opinion but certainly guilty of doing that many times. This reply don't consider a waste of time because it's a friendly conversation. However, some of my rebuttals ARE a waste of time to others because I just can't help myself in righting what I consider to be a wrong if that makes sense.

Does it do me any good, I guess it makes you happy. So for me yes it is a waste of time, but in no way am I saying it's a waste of time for you or anyone else to enjoy whatever it is that makes you happy.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Sean

P.S. considering my memory issues due to the medication I'm on, you would think I would go back and watch something again. Truth is my memory has a way of storing what's important (I think this happens to everyone mine is limited capacity perhaps) So watching something I enjoyed is already a cool memory as it is. Yes I'm guilty of wasting my time and going back from time to time. Don't watch much TV at all or movies these days. Plenty of things to do to keep me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad3816 View Post
    I I I I'm I I I'm I I I I I'm
    You can ignore the message by the power of the mind to just move on.
    You can also ignore a person that bothers you in the ignore features of the forum.
    You can also choose to leave a smart ass comment.
    You can go fly a kite (personally like drones but whatever floats your boat).
    You have an email where it's been suggested something inappropriate for this forum (like fly it starts with the letter F).
    You can come back on the next morning and think of better smart ass comments you were too tired to post last night.
    Your passions, hobbies, and opinions are yours and you have every right to share them.
    You can say very little, but mean so much.
    You can stand up for what you believe, even if your going against the tide of popular opinion.
    You can tick people off in glass houses by simply no liking their baby, you know when it happens because they actually show up to post.
    You can move on try different things, find much more pleasure.
    You can share a popular opinion in other forums about a product announcement of how crappy it is and not disturb the force.
    You can be part of the rebel alliance and resist the force for what you believe in.
    You can join the force because you believe in what they believe in.
    You can keep posting more and more, and decide you've had enough because that person and others gets the point.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Some movies are timeless classics - Aliens, Indiana Jones, Lethal Weapon ...
    Very true, and my tastes gel with the three you've mentioned.
    However, my "watch that again and again" movies include gems such as "Breakfast At Tiffany's", "Rear Window", "Giant", "A Big Country", "The Wizard Of Oz", "Gone With The Wind", "Topkapi", "To Catch A Thief"......and many more from the Golden Years.

Movies from classic producers & directors and featuring classic actors & actresses.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Don't forget 'North by Northwest'.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brad3816 View Post
    Don't forget 'North by Northwest'.....
    Yes...of course! An excellent movie, Brad. Loved that....particularly the scenes with the crop-duster and, of course, the train.

There are also several involving trains which I will watch whenever they are repplayed on TV......"The 39 Steps" (the one with Kenneth Moore), "Trading Places" (Eddie Murphy, Dan Ackroyd), "Silver Streak" (Gene Wilder, Richard Pryor).
    Last edited by seagoon; 12-06-2020 at 08:41 PM.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I likewise have come to feel that passive entertainment like TV and movies are boring and not a good use of my time.

Back when Sierra On-Line was making the first 3D animated adventure games, Roberta Williams said her goal was to beat the mindless '30 minute toy commercials' that passed for most cartoons in those days by giving kids something interactive. I was one of those kids she was targetting and it worked on me. I'd rather be playing a game and interacting that just sitting and watching something. Especially now that I'm a parent with very little free time, I don't want to waste it!

I still like movies and TV sometimes, but our PVR is filled with uncounted episodes of stuff we haven't gotten around to watching, and I've told my wife to just go ahead and start without me.

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    I likewise have come to feel that passive entertainment like TV and movies are boring and not a good use of my time........... I'd rather be playing a game and interacting that just sitting and watching something.....
    You know, I feel exactly the same way.
    Although I wasn't a "kid" when those Sierra games (and also the excellent Cinemaware games) came out, I have always preferred interacting to just sitting and watching.
    Imagine my pleasure, therefore, when I learned that playing various types of video/computer games can also assist in keeping the brain working as one approaches the onset of vegetation!

I watch very little television or movies (yes as mentioned there are some classics but I barely watch new movies let alone old ones especially not twice). I like my Star Trek series and some wrestling, that's about it. I get my news from various alternative media sources, and not the mainstream media. I don't watch any professional sports. The rest is spending time in my various hobbies that keeps me very busy.

Thanks

Sean