Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fresno to East Seligman - The trip is nearly over.

Quote Originally Posted by R. Steele View Post
    Wonderful video Bruce ( if I may ) -- what I thought was stunning...was the exterior light sources sweeping through the night cab...beautifully done effect and if I remember from my Run8 experience ( 2014-2016 -- then I got involved in OR ) the physics were excellent.
    Thank you, Gerry.
    One of many things which the developers nailed is the lighting.
    In addition to what you mention there is also the transition from night to day (and vice versa). Beautifully crafted.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

The sunrise/sunset lighting gets my vote too. In fact, it's not been unknown for me to reset the in game clock by an hour or so in order to experience it again!
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    T.... it's not been unknown for me to reset the in game clock by an hour or so in order to experience it again!
    Haaaa!! I do exactly the same sometimes, Vern.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

In other words not the past. Should of been the present or the future. What I'm doing now, or what I plan on doing tomorrow and the days to come. The past is always nice to learn from, or to make you smile when it was something you did right, or you have good memories.

For example watching movies I've seen in the past is a waste of time. Reminds me of running MSTS activities the 2nd time around.

I can smile back at the time I've had over the past 7 years, but that was then and this is now. Again for those still making memories, first trips for example across a system that's awesome. Whatever makes people happy is awesome. Kind of like the mainstream looking at railfans and thinking they are bird watching or something because they don't get it. Doesn't matter what they get, it's what you get out of it that counts.

I'm normally not one for new year's resolutions but I'm already setting myself up for an exception. I normally don't care what others think but for some reason I care about my YouTube channel, whatever brand I made, perhaps ego who knows. I think it's time to go back to being anti-social and just do what I like. I guess it's my lack of social life that made think I was part of a community at one time, and I owed it to them or something.

Anyways just ignore my blabbering, apparently I'm just wasting my time anyways. Keep having fun with the hobby.

Thanks

Sean

I I I I'm I I I'm I I I I I'm

Thanks for the videos Bruce.

Sorry Brad did I hurt "YOUR" feelings? I'll leave you a private message to say what would get me into trouble here. But to you or anyone else that doesn't like what I want to answer when asked a question, there is this really cool ignore function built into the forums. Otherwise I have no problem standing up to forum bullies or keyboard warriors.
    Last edited by SurvivorSean; 12-06-2020 at 12:56 AM. Reason: clean-up

My pleasure, Brad.
    Thanks for the maps, mate....they are a big help.

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    For example watching movies I've seen in the past is a waste of time....
    Jeeez, Sean.
    Do you mean to tell us that every movie you've watched has been utter rubbish?
    There must have been some classics which you've seen and which you'd enjoy watching again? Surely?

(Okay....I won't call you "Shirley").

Some movies are timeless classics - Aliens, Indiana Jones, Lethal Weapon (slightly on topic as LA and the desert!) etc. But some don't always gel like they used to - Wayne's World has aged poorly for me don't really find it funny at all. Ditto Austin Powers - cringeworthy. We watched National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation the other night and sections which had us splitting our sides with laughter years ago now barely raised a smile.

There is a correlation with train simming, in particular route building, as by the time you finish testing and snagging it, you're fed up with the sight of the thing, upload and never touch again!
    Vern.