Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: An essential file with one activity for Powder River Basin

Hi John,

I do think that your route is corrupted.
    My log to start that activity is 12kb.

Make it 14kB
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cheers
    Derek

All is good now as I uninstall the whole route then reinstall PRB.exe first then next with PRB_UPD1 and at last PRB_UPD3. Now I have another question about extract the APK file with APKExtractor3. I am not sure if I should go ahead to extract this or not. Anyway the activity was created by Bob Pickering way back in 2008 (12 years ago). Anyway here is what the message said below:

APK Extractor 3

( ? ) The installed track database for this route is version 6005; the activity was built on version 5824. Do you wish to Continue?

I cancelled the extract of this activity and see what others have to say here in this forum. I don't want to go further trouble with this.

Thank you,

John

Quote Originally Posted by cn bala View Post
    All is good now as I uninstall the whole route then reinstall PRB.exe first then next with PRB_UPD1 and at last PRB_UPD3. Now I have another question about extract the APK file with APKExtractor3. I am not sure if I should go ahead to extract this or not. Anyway the activity was created by Bob Pickering way back in 2008 (12 years ago). Anyway here is what the message said below:

APK Extractor 3

( ? ) The installed track database for this route is version 6005; the activity was built on version 5824. Do you wish to Continue?

I cancelled the extract of this activity and see what others have to say here in this forum. I don't want to go further trouble with this.

Thank you,

John
    John, you must have forgotten, I brought this program to your attention some time ago, please try Ged Saunders APKExtractor -- apkex-v3-07.zip in the library, also using his other programs like MSTS ActMan ( msts_actman.zip ) and MSTS_Check v2.0b ( msts_check.zip ) wil find problems and check activities, alleviating many of the problems you are encountering.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

Hi Gerry,

Yes I do have the program of APKEXtractor also MSTS ActMan too but not MSTS_Check v2.0b. Want to say thank you for your message you posted here. Now you see my question about different version of track database and I wonder if that will not hurt to extract the APK file into the latest version of track database in Powder River Basin route?

Anyway take care,

John

Hi John,
    I have installed activity BNSF 7526 North into the current version of the Powder River route and successfully run it in MSTS and Open Rails. I had received the same track database message as you. It is good to be wary of such differences, but in this case, it's OK.

Cheers,
    Ged

PS Thanks Gerry - I'll have to employ you as my advertising agent!!

Thank you Ged for letting me know and I will go ahead to extract one of the APK file via APKExtractor3.

John