Thread: OpenAL32.dll is missing

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default OpenAL32.dll is missing

Yesterday, I got an above error while launching the MSTS game. I reinstalled and re-launched but got the same issue. After google search, I was suggested to upgrade graphics driver, I did that too but the issue still persists. Any help would be highly appreciated? Thanks in advance.

Computer specs? Graphics/video card specs? OS specs? Those will help pinpoint your issue.. without that, your post is useless.....

Quote Originally Posted by sohail999 View Post
    Yesterday, I got an above error while launching the MSTS game. I reinstalled and re-launched but got the same issue. After google search, I was suggested to upgrade graphics driver, I did that too but the issue still persists. Any help would be highly appreciated? Thanks in advance.
    Dave Edwards

You'll find it here, http://koniec.org/tsre5/data/openal/
    Download your version, 32 or 64 bit, and put a copy in your TSRE program folder.

My friend suggested me to download the missing DLL from the DLL site so I downloaded it from here:https://dlldownloads.com/openal32-dll/ and also updated the drivers and updated the Windows but that didn't fix the error. I will definitely try the suggested links. Thanks for the valuable suggestion.

Bad move on that part...

Since this site attaches malware files into it to make things go spam. Just follow the instructions from the Koniec site. If you go to others you will land more issues even a nice BSOD and a Windows crash, since a DLL is a system file that controls Windows.

Quote Originally Posted by sohail999 View Post
    My friend suggested me to download the missing DLL from the DLL site so I downloaded it from here:<link removed> and also updated the drivers and updated the Windows but that didn't fix the error. I will definitely try the suggested links. Thanks for the valuable suggestion.
    Dave Edwards