Thread: Engine headlights visibility at distance

Default Engine headlights visibility at distance

Hello,
    I am using OR/MG/Reshade, and have tried a couple of suggested preset files for Reshade. While most everything in the sim shows a marked improvement, one thing I see that has diminished since using XNA OR and MSTS is the distance at which engine headlights become visible - mostly speaking of night running.
    I can barely see my AI trains approaching until they are quite close - 1/3rd a mile perhaps, whereas with XNA OR and MSTS I'd see the headlights a good mile or more away shining brightly.

Has anyone else noticed this, and if so, have you been able to improve the distance at which they become visible?

Thanks very much for any answers or suggestions!
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.

I have thought of this issue before and suggested a solution. My sincere apologies for bringing it up again.

My suggestion is to treat engine headlights the same way signal lights are handled with an option for distant viewing. Just like the signal light glow option on the experimental tab, it would enable a headlight glow option. I can see signals as far as three miles ahead and the signal gets brighter as the train approaches when using the signal light glow option. Since the headlights never had that texture in MSTS, a user wouldn't have to adjust the radius size of the headlight. If it was an option the user could use it or not depending on the preference.

Basil

Basil, interesting thoughts on the subject.

I am still curious as to why the drop in quality with carspawner and trains lights in OR/Monogame vs. XNA OR and MSTS, though???
    Neil

Here at home, in the railroad mayhem capital of the world.