Thread: popups in session.

Default popups in session.

G'day all, is there a way to remove some or all the popups in a session?
    Regards
    Barrie

In Options click the General Tab and look for "Control Confirmations" and if there is a check there click to remove it.

Mark

G'day Mark, I checked and the "Control Confirmations" was unchecked, if I remember rightly there was something you had to do in the session its self. The "popups I am talking come up in game during the session to give instructions or comments, at this stage the game stops and restarts when you close the popup window.
    Regards
    Barrie

Ok, I think I know what you are talking about. It would be a message like "Pick up cars at what ever industry" or some other message. In that case I believe that is something that was put in with the activity editor, either MSTS or TSRE5. It would be some kind of triggered event and I do believe it is removeable.

G'day Mark, yes that is the message popup I was talking about, I seem to remember you went into one of the activity files and did some changes, one way let the popup come but not stop the sim and you could set a timeout, the other prevented the popup altogether.
    My tired old brain cannot remember, I will do another search in my various info files and see what I come up with but don't hold much hope..
    Regards
    Barrie

I don't think you can stop the pop up from happening as it will contain instructions for the next stage of the activity, but you can make it so it does not stop the activity action. I thought it was in the manual, but cant find the instructions. I do know it is controlled by adding a line to the act file.
    Beer is not a matter of life or death, it is much more serious than that.

Quote Originally Posted by baldwin View Post
    ... I do know it is controlled by adding a line to the act file.
    Add following line at the end of each block that contains a message...most often after the Trigger ( ... ) line.
    ORTSContinue ( 13 )
    Number of seconds for message to remain on screen in parenthesis
    from the manual:
    10.16.4 No Halt by Activity Message Box
    MSTS activities may contain instructions to display a message box when the player train reaches a specific
    location in the activity, or at a specific time. Normally the simulation is halted when the message box is
    displayed until the player manually closes the box. This behavior can be modified if the line:...etc
    Note: opening the activity in the MSTS AE will remove all the "ORTSContinue" entries.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.

G'day Mark, Baldwin and Gerry.
    That is the exact fix I was looking for, I think if you put a '0' in the parenthesis it prevents it from appearing but not interfering with the flow of the simulation is great.
    Regards and thanks.
    Barrie

G'day Gerry, that worked just fine and I have put that info in my Openrails box of tricks for safe keeping.
    Regards and thanks.
    Barrie

Quote Originally Posted by gremlin1812 View Post
    G'day Gerry, that worked just fine and I have put that info in my Openrails box of tricks for safe keeping.
    Regards and thanks.
    Barrie
    Eggcellent! You're welcome Barrie HatTip.jpg
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.