Thread: Coal Traffic?

Default Coal Traffic?

I was looking to set up a few traffic flows for coal coming into the area and going to the power stations. Much to my surprise, it appears the only coal fired power station left in California is the one at the end of the Trona branch! Am I correct in assuming this is the case so far as the route(s) are concerned, too?

Doesn't leave too much scope for bulk traffic so far as coal is concerned - I presume what they need either arrives via Mojave from the east or any imported coal comes up from the docks at Long Beach?
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    I was looking to set up a few traffic flows for coal coming into the area and going to the power stations. Much to my surprise, it appears the only coal fired power station left in California is the one at the end of the Trona branch!.....
    Vern, you could always Tardis back to the period 1980 - 1990 and use SD-40 motive power. That's what I did with James' (WesternDivision) info he provided for the UP Yermo-Wasco-Yermo coal hauls.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

I have a few ideas Bruce to simulate the traffic, just a shame there is only the one actual power plant to tag the cars to.
    Vern.

Coal comes in thru Yermo to Mojave and a train also goes out to Trona. They Long Beach coal trains again thru Yermo and they run at 75 cars as from have been told thats the length that fits on the loop. Coal used to also years back go to Shafter
    Work Safe play hard

Thanks for the information, westerngy.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by westerngy View Post
    Coal comes in thru Yermo to Mojave....
    That must be the UP/BNSF service; re-tagged to BNSF numbering at Barstow, then runs to Mojave and thence Bakersfield etc under BNSF control.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0