Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Depot Forum - Email Activation Not Working

Default The Depot Forum - Email Activation Not Working

I tried earlier to set up a forum account at The Depot, two attempts to trigger the activation email have met without success. Yes I have checked my spam folder and the online BT email repository.

If anyone form The Depot admin frequents here, wonder if you could kindly give your server a kick please (and thank you).
    Vern.

Sent you a PM with an email to try - I had the same issues trying to validate when I joined two years ago, they responded directly and kindly sent a special link that worked.

Thanks Metal.
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    Thanks Metal.
    It's "Mr. Angel", to you.
    You don't know him well enough to address him by his first name.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    It's "Mr. Angel", to you.
    You don't know him well enough to address him by his first name.
    On the contrary, Bruce: Vern and I have been acquainted IRL and are former colleagues. I won't give more details without his OK.

Quote Originally Posted by metalangel View Post
    On the contrary, Bruce: Vern and I have been acquainted IRL and are former colleagues. I won't give more details without his OK.
    Be my guest!
    Vern.

My first job on the railway was customer relations for Arriva Trains Wales, and we would occasionally get a spare shift to go and learn more about the company's operations beyond answering complaints. The control room in Cardiff was a natural choice since we'd have to call them sometimes to get info regarding answering those complaints, and we figured they'd be more tolerant of us ringing them up if we'd been formally introduced.

I had been on Vern's Rail Pages' forum for several years, and was excited to see he was working as Duty Control Manager (have I got that right?) for ATW. He very kindly brought in a CD of his Far North Line MSTS route for me and I sat and watched all the chaos of the control room with him. This was 2006 or 2007, if I'm not mistaken.

He later got a job with Network Rail as Train Running Controller in Swindon and moved there, while in 2008 I got a job as a Train Delay Attributor, also with Network Rail, and ended up sitting in that very control room myself. I would get dragged down to Swindon Control by our team leaders fairly often to meet the other TDAs and controllers (or just for some meeting/training in a painfully white meeting room) but I don't believe our schedules ever aligned again on there.

I think our initial title was Duty Service Manager and it was later changed to Duty Control Manager.

I jumped ship to NR in Swindon in April 2006 so it must have been just before then that we met in Cardiff.

Scary how long ago that all was, now!
    Vern.

Indeed, I think I made a second visit later on and you were gone, so I sat with a certain fat controller who played the role IRL.

This was all at least one lifetime ago as far as I'm concerned, more than I'd care to think about has happened or changed since then. I see pictures posted by former colleagues and it feels like nothing has changed in the Wales ROC! Best job I ever had was TDA, I reckon.

Well, I'll be damned! My apologies for being so presumptuous!

(It's a small world, really, isn't it?)
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0