Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Depot Forum - Email Activation Not Working

Well looking at the Despatcher Board(s), it should be possible by my reckoning to do a circular trip without reversing. Run down from Barstow via the BNSF line through San Bernardino round the curves by LA Union Station and back out via the SP line (Alhambra) to run back up their side of Cajon, thence via Palmdale to pick up Tehachapi to Bakersfield or just slide back over to the BNSF line and run back towards Seligman. So when I eventually add Fresno, means you should be able to run Seligman - Barstow - LA (via BNSF) - Barstow (via SP) - Palmdale - Mojave - Bakersfield - Fresno. What a railtour! If 3DTS eventually give us a steamer or an Alco set, that would be an even bigger treat!
    Vern.

Vern, are you running a BNSF train or a UP/SP train....and where are you trying to end up, Fresno or LA?

If BNSF and if Fresno, why do you need to go via Cajon and into LA?
    If BNSF and if LA, then down to Fullerton and then into LA via San Bernadino Sub.
    If UP/SP, and if Fresno, you're stuffed because UPs Fresno Sub has a big blank in it between Bakersfield and Fresno.
    If UP/SP to LA then easy-peasy....straight down the Cajon to West Colton, then the Alhambra Sub.
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

At the moment I haven't got Fresno so it was essentially seeing if I could run in a big circle using Cajon and San Bern.

Anyhow thanks for the heads up re Fresno - I didn't realise it was actually standalone and didn't attach to the rest of the territory.
    Vern.

Update to the above... sorry my mistake re Fresno, it *is* connected via the BNSF line, it's the SP that's been omitted. But my point is you could do a through journey without reversing or running round the train, Fresno - Bakersfield - Mojave - Palmdale - Cajon - San Bernardino - LA - San Bernardino - Cajon - Barstow - Seligman. Would take a while...
    Vern.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernWarrior View Post
    ........ But my point is you could do a through journey without reversing or running round the train, Fresno - Bakersfield - Mojave - Palmdale - Cajon - San Bernardino - LA - San Bernardino - Cajon - Barstow - Seligman. Would take a while...
    Gotcha....I see what you mean.

Rather than flicking back and forth between the despatchers screens, I've found this map to be very helpful when trying to figure out what route goes where.........
    All SoCal.jpg
    IBM XT i386; 512Kb RAM; 5.25" FDD; 1.4Mb FDD; 5Mb HDD; VGA 256-colour graphics card; AdLib soundcard; DR DOS 6.0; Windows 3.0

That map is excellent Bruce, just what I needed. Of course we can add in the Trona Lines as well now - intend to add that next month.

With a network like this, it's where I would really like a proper schedule or timetable editor so the correct moves and traffic can be set up along some of the routes - my copy of SIAM Tehachapi 1991 refers!
    Vern.

That map is excellent Bruce, just what I needed. Of course we can add in the Trona Lines as well now - intend to add that next month.
    Yep...Brad updated it this year (August) and the Trona etc lines are in solid rather than dotted.
    A great resource and coupled with the detailed route maps, very very useful.

..I would really like a proper schedule or timetable editor so the correct moves and traffic can be set up along some of the routes...
    Most definitely. It would add an enormous amount of involvement and satisfaction with the sim.

Watching a certain site, I'd say it's like watching paint dry, except that is not fair to paint. More like watching it rust.

Honestly I barely check out this site or even the Trainz forums these days. Too busy flying my drone. Once winter sets in and I'm grounded I'll be back into Trainz out of boredom I guess. The other stuff I don't expect anything. I'll believe it when I see it.

Thanks

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SurvivorSean View Post
    Thanks

Sean
    Thanks, Sean

Quote Originally Posted by seagoon View Post
    Vern's was the first train-sim related site I ever visited and it was his writings which drove my enthusiasm for the hobby.

I have a lot to blame him for.
    I forgot to mention earlier - it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance as well, Bruce, you're another familiar name.

@Vern If you ever fancy a fairly quick* and relaxing ride, take the Texas Eagle or Sunset Limited out of LA Union Station along the Alhambra Sub. Goes over the West Colton diamond and disappears down the Yuma sub.

*by Run8 standards