Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2021 Wish List

Has anybody thought about upgrading the old Lehigh Valley route?
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

Quote Originally Posted by geepster775 View Post
    My wish list is for proper sub-forums for Open Rails routes, Open Rails activities, Open Rails engines, Open Rails cab design, Open Rails sound design, and Open Rails rolling stock, so we can properly move discussions on 3D cabs, DDS textures, NAVS rolling stock, in-game messaging, and Include files presently posted under the Open Rails main discussion forum AND avoid argumentative re-direction of them to the MSTS sub-forums where that application and its remaining supporters has zero clue about what 3D cabs, DDS files, OR-only rolling stock producers, Include files or in-game messaging is.

That's in work already. The moderators can't create subforums, unfortunately. But we have requested them.

For 2021, I would like to see more 1940's-1970's OR routes enter the file library, especially more transition era routes. Maybe some upgrades on some older routes too. I would also like to see more classic steam models created. I have yet to practice loco modeling as I am focused on route building currently. I am working on my 1950 FRISCO Springfield Sub right now and am hoping to have it released by the spring, which will eventually sprawl out in every direction out of Springfield.
    -Cade VerHage-
    New arrival to the Route Builder community
    Focusing on the railroads of the Midwest and Southeast (1920's-1970's)
    Huge Frisco Fan

My wish lists for next year, whether freeware, payware, or reskinned...

Locomotives:
    EMD F125 (Metrolink)
    EMD SD70ACU (CP and NS)
    EMD SD70ACe-T4 (CSX and UP)
    EMD/MPI F40PH-2CAT (Caltrain)
    Siemens SCB-40 (Brightline)
    Alstom Avelia Liberty (Amtrak)
    Any Steam

Rolling Stock:
    Amtrak California Cars (8000 series, these could probably be made by using 3Dtrains' Surfliner pack w/ some freight animation)
    Hyundai-Rotem cars (Metrolink)
    Amtrak Cascades Talgo Series 8
    Gallery Cars (Metra and Caltrain)
    Siemens Venture (Amtrak and Brightline)

Routes:
    Any Amtrak California/Caltrain route
    Any modern day Pacific Northwest route (preferably one that goes into Seattle)
    A full Northeast Corridor route
    An upgrade to the Surfliner route (quite a few things have changed since 2012 and I'd like to see it expanded to the Port of LA)
    Blargen Fladibble Nohip!

Sadly, my 2021 list looks about the same as 2020's.

Locos:
    Tier 4 GE locos--whalebacks.
    Tier 4 EMD's.
    Re-do of a lot of the old "Fred Flintstone" wheels models that have yet to be done.

Routes:
    More routes with detail like Mullan Pass.
    A re-do of some of the oldest routes--Kicking Horse Pass, Rogers Pass, Shuswap, Cascades, etc.
    Northwest Route V7 publicly released (please Rory--even if it's payware).

OpenRails:
    Continued improvements, especially in weather, lighting (light spheres available for everything, including things like street lights), more improvement in train physics, etc.

Re-do of a lot of the old "Fred Flintstone" wheels models that have yet to be done.

I would like this. If we do not get new models just some loving upgrades would be worth it along with all the rear ladders, air hoses, and hatches, coupler pockets and MU cabless. I know TS has some really nice sets in the works.

Brama said, "my virtual world demands only a modest amount of stuff." My demand list would include the original Metroliners. Just kidding about demands, and I've wished for the Metroliners before. My friend Norman repeatedly wished to see all three Strasburg Railroad steam engines operating on the same day. And one time, it happened while we were there. "Now all I want …" he began, and I said, "Norman, you wished for years to see these three engines steaming at once, and you got it, and already you're wishing for something more?" His answer: "It worked."

Someone might say, "Steve, why don't you learn another 3D modeling program and make the Metroliners yourself?" Maybe someday, but I'm busy with other things. Read on.

Steve Burr asked for "Completion of the RF&P from Washington all the way to milepost 0 at the bridge over the James River in Richmond." I'm adding the last interactive objects: signals. I hope to finish that this weekend, create and test activities, and have the expanded route ready for beta testing around the end of 2020. There's a thread about it in the Route Design forum.
    Steve Dunham
    Alexandria, VA
    www.stevedunham.50megs.com

Thanks Steve,

Can't wait to see it. All the way to Richmond from DC. A couple of years ago I got to ride it via Amtrak from Alexandria to Staples Mill Station. I'll be looking forward to it.
    Steve Burr, PE - Clinton, MD
    Southern Serves the South

My wish list would be
    1. New Haven electrics (EP-1- 5)
    2. Updated New Haven passenger equipment, BLW
    looking for yous guys.
    3. A full NYC subway route with all pre 2000 smee equipment.

I've been a really good boy this year and don't think I'm asking for much. 🤣🤣🤣
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic75077_5.gif
    Cory Duguid
    US NAVY VET

My 2021 Wish List:

Amtrak ALC-42 Chargers
    Amtrak Viewliner II (diners and baggage cars) (I believe Ian of Tigertrains years ago said he was doing those)
    NY Empire Corridor route (with Amtrak stops)
    Routes that have Amtrak Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio, Virginia (all 3 Terminals of Norfolk, Newport News, and Roanoke), Louisiana, and Tennessee stops
    Quote Originally Posted by wooohooo View Post
    My wish lists for next year, whether freeware, payware, or reskinned...

Rolling Stock:
    Amtrak California Cars (8000 series, these could probably be made by using 3Dtrains' Surfliner pack w/ some freight animation)
    Hyundai-Rotem cars (Metrolink)
    Amtrak Cascades Talgo Series 8
    Gallery Cars (Metra and Caltrain)
    Siemens Venture (Amtrak and Brightline)
    You'll be happy to know Talgo Series 8 is on my list. California Cars 8000 series passenger cars and Siemens Viaggio/Venture cars I was thinking of trying. Someone might have to help me for the cab car horn on top though. For the Ventures, gonna be a while. We don't know what the midwest cafe and California cab car looks like.
    Redefined for better content craftsmanship.