Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: My 2021 Wish List

I was thinking that a major hole in the routes here in the Northeast US is the lack of a New York to Boston route, whether it be today's electrified Amtrak route or the classic New Haven steam/diesel to New Haven and electric to New York. Of course even just NY - New Haven is a challenge especially if it included both routes into the city (Hell Gate to Penn Station and the former NYC into Grand Central).

Jon

Finish several un finished routes
    For the community to think about :
    A proper 4 bay covered hopper that the CNW 43000's used instead of using the same old imitation hoppers.
    Todd
    Iowa Chicago and Eastern Mason City Sub

Any route NOT east of the Mississippi with a time period of 1945-1960.
    Charles

Quote Originally Posted by crstagg View Post
    Any route NOT east of the Mississippi with a time period of 1945-1960.
    Or west of the Rockies.
    Maybe south of the Canadian border.
    Time frame is good.

Quote Originally Posted by rrdiesel87 View Post
    I would like to see a few things....

-The completion of the wonderful B&O West End route.
    -Current standard GE U and Dash 7 series that can be reskinned
    -An updated Sandpatch route
    -The B&O/CSX Cumberland Sub between Cumberland, MD and Brunswick, MD
    -Some updated steel making cars
    Definitely agree on the B&O West End. I would love to see that one complete.
    I’d like to add I think it would be awesome to see a NYC route somewhere on the Water Level or the B&A line In the classic era. The 1940’s-1970’s I feel are still underrepresented. I also would like to see a new Activity Editor more similar to the original MSTS one made, or a major overhaul on TSRE5’s AE. Adding loose consists/creating paths is a bit of a pain right now.
    -Cade VerHage-
    New arrival to the Route Builder community
    Focusing on the railroads of the Midwest and Southeast (1920's-1970's)
    Huge Frisco Fan

The original point of this thread was payware equipment, but it seems to be drifting into routes more and more...

That's not something that the payware folks tend to do aside from SLI/TSN and they've already hinted at what their route releases for the immediate future, so I sure hope more people start learning the new route editor with all these route requests....

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    The original point of this thread was payware equipment, but it seems to be drifting into routes more and more...

That's not something that the payware folks tend to do aside from SLI/TSN and they've already hinted at what their route releases for the immediate future, so I sure hope more people start learning the new route editor with all these route requests....
    Hi Folks,

Yeah - it seems like we've lost almost all of our creative talent these days - there are so very few left who make things or even paint things for that matter. Perhaps it's just a sign of our times in an era where instant gratification seems to rule the day. My first real project took me a year to learn the skills necessary to complete it - nobody is willing to invest that kind of time. We need to get better at recruiting new blood for the creative side of the house.

My 2021 wish list - more content creators.

Regards,
    Scott
    Last edited by scottb613; 01-08-2021 at 08:13 AM.

I agree with what Scott says. I can understand why there are so few new routes as route building is a long and at times tedious process. I know this from currently working on my Boston Red Line route, you would think how hard can it be 12 miles of route half of which is underground and therefore no scenery other than stations? I started it in 2009 was away from it for many years then picked it up again in 2020 using TSRE which is a godsend. Laying track is the easy part, building miles of urban scenery one house and store at a time, even with the excellent scenery objects available in the libraries here and other places, can be tedious at times. I am fortunate in being retired so I can spend an hour or two a day on it and still have a life.

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by eolesen View Post
    The original point of this thread was payware equipment,
    Fair enough:
    - How about the 'forgotten builders' such as Fairbanks Morse, and especially the Trainmaster?
    - Also, need some high detail Stock cars.

How about some radio control cars to go along with the SOU/NS High Hood Trainsets from Trainsimulations, and some renumbered SOU SD40-2's and GP38-2's for the Locotrol masters (white number boards).

http://original.trainlife.com/magazi...r-1985-page-18

http://original.trainlife.com/magazi...r-1985-page-19

http://original.trainlife.com/magazi...r-1985-page-20