Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My 2021 Wish List

Default My 2021 Wish List

I've spent a lot of money on payware over the last 18 years, and I'm not done yet.

In no particular order... a few items I'd love to see make their way into payware:

• Nippon-Sharyo bi-levels in stainless, suitable for Metra, MARC, VRE, and Caltrans, with perhaps a pantograph equipped variant for the South Shore...

BBD bi-level cars are available from both 3DTrains and Tiger/MLT/TMT, and Tiger has tackled other commuter cars for the east coast roads, but aside from BLW's Pullman and St. Louis cars in their CNW pack, not having a quality model of what's now the most prevalent gallery car used in the US today seems to be a glaring miss in the community.

• CNW E-units and lightweight streamlined coaches... Just about every major road in the country has a passenger set except for the CNW and the Rock Island. I'm hoping BLW will take the bait on the CNW, and I'll even offer up the two books I have about the CNW's fleet as research fodder if someone is willing to take on the project.

• CB&Q stainless E-units and lightweight streamlined coaches... The California Zephyr cars are well represented, but it sure would be nice to have the stainless finish E units (and maybe an E-5?) that were their signature. And maybe a few Budd bi-level gallery cars while you're at it...

My wish (and hopes) is to add a new route or 2 along New England and New York, ... one is the Boston Line, more challenging, riding over the steepest grades of the Berkshires. The other would be the Chicago Line, Selkirk (Albany) to Buffalo or further west to Chicago. the hottest streak of intermodals taking over slow freights and coal trains meeting demands for on time arrivals. I'd prefer Conrail, but it would be great to use it as an pre-merger NYC and PRR.
    Dave Edwards

My Wish, a SD70ACU from SLI.
    And i have another dream. A Route from Vancouver/Seattle to Los Angeles.
    I hope, the Community can understand my posts.

Michael

Mine is the same as every year. The New Haven Railroad in the 1950s in Open Rails.

My wish would be for updates to the MLT routes, in particular Niagara Corridor, Rogers Pass, KHP and Shuswap.

regards
    Don

My Wish is for you all to stay safe and take care of yourselves and your family first of all. for that is the most important thing.

the only thing I would like is some 1960 1970 sets from SLI with some classic 40 ft High Cube box cars IC/ICG would be great so would PC NYC Pennsylvania Classic BO/CO.

Quote Originally Posted by MsSheare View Post
    My Wish is for you all to stay safe and take care of yourselves and your family first of all. for that is the most important thing.
    That is my most important wish to everyone...

Being canadian, MLT Routes updated in OR would be fine...maybe merging GTA and Niagara Corridor, including the Oshawa project to create a perfect southern Ontario route. Updating the GTA to include some CP trackage would also be fine. There is also the Québec-Windsor corridor. In the Québec portion, CN and CP(now Genesee&Wyoming QGRY Trois-Rivières Sub) are too far apart, but from Montréal to Toronto, at many places, they are close together, and in other places they are not that far away. Great corridor for Montréal-Chicago containers for CN and CP. And also passenger trains from before and after Via.

There is also, from the USA side, the old NYC New York to Chicago speedway. And the Boston to New York and/or Albany routes to connect with NYC and PRR in Albany and New York. MLT should expand The D&H Bridge Line from Albany to Montréal. Those would see a lot of passengers...

I have more, got to keep some for next year....

To all, have a great Holiday season and stay healthy...

Michel

My first wish also would be that everyone stays Safe.
    Also, Michel, merging those three routes into one would be great! Living in Ontario I love to run on the GTA & Bala as well as Mactier, all local. A Montreal - Windsor - London Route would be the best! Out here, near Port Hope, the CP & CN are within "spitting" distance of each other in a couple of places.
    With all the different versions of some US Routes, BNSF Scenic for one, I am hoping some of the Route Designers would re-visit these fine routes and join them, even without elaborate scenery (most running is behind bushes-forests anyway).
    It would offer all the amenities of Railroading - Heavy Freight - Heavy Passenger - GO Transit - Light Freight - Way-Freight along with a huge variety of equipment that is readily available as Free-ware and Pay-ware, but nowhere to run properly. If I had the Talent & Programs to do this I would. I leave that up to the ones with the Talent and Facilities.
    An attempt was made about 5-6 years ago for the Montreal-Toronto Route, but it fell into the vapor-lock.
    Stay SAFE Everyone and have a Merry Christmas.

Some great ideas, but this was in the locomotive forum, not route building...

I'll go ahead and move to the generic MSTS forum... we don't have one of those for ORTS just yet.
    Last edited by eolesen; 11-29-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jdonald1 View Post
    My wish would be for updates to the MLT routes, in particular Niagara Corridor, Rogers Pass, KHP and Shuswap.

regards
    Don
    Yes, those routes could benefit --- add Kicking Horse --- I'd love to see them done like the Mullen or CN Ruel.
    Cheers, Gerry
    It's my railroad and I'll do what I want! Historically accurate attitude of US Railroad Barons.
    Forever, ridin' drag in railroad knowledge.