Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Converting a 3DCANVAS project to Blender

If you know my history with 3d Canvas... All my models glow in the dark until revision 2.0!!!

This one is primarily a learning exercise and as such might only be good for VERY similar tanks.

Anyway. This BETA version with a braindead WAG file (aka wack physics) is working in the ORTS sim. Other than being part of a "consist" and also be able to be moved by an engine... I have no idea how well it works yet.

RE: Coupling/Uncoupling, no clue.

Still trying to figure out AO Baking and working on tweaks with the Texture Mapping. (It ain't pretty and it would be clear to anyone who might study it that it's my first time. I'm not certain that its a universal texture map and it might cause problems with the oddball tank cars you might dig up)
    http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

So, this model is pretty much done, with a huge chunk of the work done by MsSheare in creating the awesome additional 7 variations on the SafteyKleen base model. This means that this release of a new Tank Car model will have 8 cars in it which is pretty awesome, if I say so myself. Thanks to Erick Cantu for the Wheelsets, as they are wonderful and better than what I had cobbled together.

This is a rather rare tank car model since only a limited number pictures were actually found online that matched it. As such, they would be used sparingly in consists and as they are older units. They would be quite rare in a year 2000+ era in the state they are in and I'm assuming cars like this were retired before 2000.

Last minute items that have been corrected:

1) Car Spacing - Hoses now line up properly
    2) LOD - Model finally has at least 1 LOD added
    3) Wheel Height - Wheels now ride on the rails, not in them.

I'm currently compressing the S files.

Anyway, I figured that people would not mind seeing a gallery of cars as they stand before they get released, so I attached some previews.

http://www.railsimstuff.com
    3D Canvas/Crafter and Blender User
    formerly The Keystone Works (All Permissions Granted)
    In IRC at freenode #msts

This was a real challange to do for me as i had no where to really go for Images. Untill I went and emailed Micro Trains who were more than happy to provide some images. These cars I wanted to fill the transition era where huge logos were vanishing Thank you Pete for having Faith in me to do them right and thank you to my testers Rick, Parker, Dave, and Neil. Great feed back and catching problems early made these easy to do.

Very well done fellas. Gorgeous work!
    Rory

Also a huge huge huge shout out to emd645e3c who was so kind to make the logos for the last tank car. without his kind help we would still be looking for a way to make those logo.

These tank cars are beautiful! I am downloading them right now. I would like to express my sincere gratitude to you and everyone else around here who keep providing us with amazing North American content.
    Borislav
    https://www.trainsim.com/vbts/signaturepics/sigpic100353_2.gif

Quote Originally Posted by MsSheare View Post
    Also a huge huge huge shout out to emd645e3c who was so kind to make the logos for the last tank car. without his kind help we would still be looking for a way to make those logo.
    No worries. If you want to release some weathered skins of some of your older reskins, let me know and I'll post some screens.

Steve

feel free to post. I have more coming I just need to send a email out to get permission for the next set then I have the last of my SLI boxcar set to upload so more is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by MsSheare View Post
    feel free to post. I have more coming I just need to send a email out to get permission for the next set then I have the last of my SLI boxcar set to upload so more is coming.

Steve

And a few more...

[url=https://postimg.cc/MX3LPpLz]

Sorry Pete about hi jacking the thread.

Steve